Impact of Lockdown on Preparation

Eleven Plus (11+) in Trafford

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Omega250

Impact of Lockdown on Preparation

Post by Omega250 »

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone has any thoughts on how the lockdown might affect the average score (NOT the standardised score) for the 11+ tests this year. In particular, for the CEM exam? I have a feeling most families have worked hard over the last four months, with more intense focus on the 11+ exam, and that will probably increase the raw percentage score.
hermanmunster

Re: Impact of Lockdown on Preparation

Post by hermanmunster »

very hard to know - some families / kids will have found it very hard to focus - particularly if the main learning is usually done with tutors or not being at school makes it harder for the child to work
Nadia

Post by Nadia »

I’m a Cem 11+ tutor. I can say for sure that most parents have been finding it hard to keep children on track. This will definitely have an impact on the results. I think the average mark will be quite low this year.
Omega250

Post by Omega250 »

Nadia wrote:I’m a Cem 11+ tutor. I can say for sure that most parents have been finding it hard to keep children on track. This will definitely have an impact on the results. I think the average mark will be quite low this year.
Interesting. For Trafford (AGGS, for example), what sort of average mark do you expect for a normal year?
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now