AGGS intent to appeal for the whole of year 13.

Eleven Plus (11+) in Trafford

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Catseye

AGGS intent to appeal for the whole of year 13.

Post by Catseye »

For Year 13 Parents From Stephanie Gill
Dear Parent/Carer

I am writing to update you on the situation regarding appeals. You may well be aware that Ofqual published the revised criteria for appeals based on mock grades on Saturday. This was then quickly withdrawn. We do not know what will happen next, or if the growing pressure to revert to centre assessed grades will be effective.

We are awaiting the revised position of Ofqual before we submit individual appeals. At this stage we do not know whether the grounds for appeal will change. If so, I will write to you and let you know what students need to do should they wish to appeal their grades. If you have already submitted an appeal form, there is no need to do anything more at this stage. Please do not contact the school or individual teachers regarding NEA or mock grades at this stage. We will be in touch as soon as we know whether this evidence can be included in an appeal.

I know that many students were disappointed with their calculated grades, whether or not they were accepted into a university of their choice. In many cases, the appeal criteria published to date will not be met and there will be no other individual grounds for appeal. However, as a school we intend to appeal the results for the whole cohort, based on issues we have identified with the exam board's methodology. We feel that the adjustments they made to take into account prior attainment of students were based on inappropriate data. Whilst I understand that such an appeal will have a limited chance of success, we intend to leave no stone unturned in trying to challenge the downgrading which was suffered by more than half our students. To that end, I have also written to our local MP, Sir Graham Brady to outline our concerns and he has been very supportive. I will keep you informed as to the outcome of this appeal.
kenyancowgirl

Re: AGGS intent to appeal for the whole of year 13.

Post by kenyancowgirl »

They might want to wait till 4pm.
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

kenyancowgirl wrote:They might want to wait till 4pm.
They can save their ink now :).

Wonder if the Good Law folk are going to offer the 'crowd' their £60 000 back?
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
Catseye

Post by Catseye »

Scrap that:Everybody has won, and all must have prizes :wink: :lol:
quasimodo

Post by quasimodo »

It’s like going to the fairground and spending all that money and coming out with all those little prizes.At least there you could say the process was fun unlike this emotional roller coaster.
In the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years.

Abraham Lincoln