Go to navigation
It is currently Fri Sep 25, 2020 12:21 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Test Results
PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2020 7:32 pm 

Hi,

My daughter will taking the entrance exam for the Trafford schools on the 16th October and was wondering when the results are published and how the allocation of places work.

I have been told we find out if she has passed or failed within 6 weeks and then we will know if she has been offered a place in March.

Post subject: Re: Test Results
PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2020 10:07 pm 

I think we got 4 choices last year but the results of the consortium exam were known before we had to submit our form on 31st October.

This year, as you're unlikely to know the results before you have to submit the form you get an extra 3 choices I think (check Trafford's website) so you can list all your choices regardless of whether your DD passes or not.

You'll probably find out if your DD has passed in November I would guess and you'll find out which school shes been allocated on 1 March. It might be as soon as the results come out you can make an educated guess which school she'll get (e.g. if you very close to a grammar school that she passes for) but places are only formally offered in March next year.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2020 10:10 pm 

https://www.trafford.gov.uk/residents/s ... -2021.aspx

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2020 6:03 am 

Thanks for this

We completed our Manchester Preferred school list and sent it back as we don’t live in Trafford.

AGSG
Sale
Stretford
If she doesn’t pass then we have chose to remain in the school she is in William hulme as she has an automatic place here.

I was just a little confused on when to expect the results from her test. I’m planing on putting together a fake letter saying she’s passed but due to the catchment area she hasn’t been offered a place (if she doesn’t pass). She’s worked so hard and she’s too young imo to learn the pain of failing a test.