AGSB results

Eleven Plus (11+) in Trafford

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

saida81

Re: AGSB results

Post by saida81 »

What kind of results have people been getting? My son got 350 but we are ooc so it will be touch and go
Shay

Post by Shay »

ellynoonoo wrote:We got ours this morning. They had 13th post date on them but they were sent 2nd class

Thanks for your reply. This is useful to know.
payel123

Post by payel123 »

saida81 wrote:What kind of results have people been getting? My son got 350 but we are ooc so it will be touch and go
Message subject: Re: AGSB resultsFolder: Sent messages
Subject: AGSB results

saida81 wrote:
What kind of results have people been getting? My son got 350 but we are ooc so it will be touch and go

Hi

As saida81 already mentioned ,All the passes within catchment I have heard are in 340s.I am not sure whether the paper being comparatively easier this year ,the scores after standardisation are all around the 340s zone.i could be wrong but have spoken to a few parents and almost everyone is saying the same thing.

For OOC I think the standardisation is done basis the ooc cohort(maybe someone else. can shed some light on this) and hence the scores are so varied .
Nadia

Post by Nadia »

Any idea what score is needed to get into from
Manchester
Nadia

Post by Nadia »

Is 360 a good score to get into Altrincham boys from Manchester
scooby1

Post by scooby1 »

Nadia wrote:Any idea what score is needed to get into from
Manchester
Hello Nadia,

Each year the ooc score will be a different depending on the cohort and how many children put Alty as their first choice. I have been following Alty scores for many years and it has varied form 345 - 390. I know the catchment area has got larger more recently. I'm afraid it is going to be a waiting game until the first round acceptance have gone in. Don't forget people put Grammar schools as their first choice but many children then go to the private schools thus not taking up the places offered.

I know it will be really hard and stressful waiting but you really do need a lot of patience unfortunately if you are out of the catchment area.

Someone mentioned that the weighting for out of catchment area children and in catchment area was different this year. I do find that hard to believe. If it is so, can anyone shed any light as to why? I thought the reason they separately the two was because of COVID as normally everyone would sit on the same day. I might be wrong - it is known to happen occasionally :lol: :lol:
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... 19_Dec.pdf

1.33 Admission authorities must not adjust the score achieved by any child in a test to take account of oversubscription criteria, such as having a sibling at the school.

The 'sibling' reference is just an example. The same applies to.anything which forms part of the oversubscription criteria. Therefore, if whether or not the applicant lives within a priority admissions area is a discriminator when their actual application for a place is being assessed, it would be unlawful for the school to calculate scores differently according to the place of residence of exam candidates.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
EmmaF

Post by EmmaF »

scooby1 wrote:Someone mentioned that the weighting for out of catchment area children and in catchment area was different this year.
They dont need to and it is illegal anyway.

The policy indicates that "Where the number of applicants qualifying for admission exceeds the number of places available in any category (following the placing of applicants in rank score order) priority will be given to ......"

It means the passing line for ooc kids 324/334 is actually not useful. Their admission has everything to do with how many Group4 kids (catchment area kids) pass the 334 line. More Group4 kids pass, higher the ooc kids have to score.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now