CEM difficulty

Eleven Plus (11+) in Trafford

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Taz1981

CEM difficulty

Post by Taz1981 »

I am wondering if the Exam was a lot easier this year for Trafford, my daughters school friends all said it was really easy and if that's the case, I'm guessing spaces will be filled up before even get near my home address which is right on the cusp.
poppety

Re: CEM difficulty

Post by poppety »

Hi there. I don't know about this year's exam but you have to remember that the results are all standardised so if everyone found it easy (and therefore scored highly) then the results will be standardised accordingly to account for this. Have you looked at previous year distances for the school you want - it can sometimes give you an idea as to whether you stand a chance. Fingers crossed for your daughter - it's a nerve wracking time waiting.
choceyes

Post by choceyes »

You can't really go by what the children say I have found. My daughter said the exam was medium-hard, and that she left 4 questions unanswered in the NVR (told to put pencils down without any last minute time warning, so no opportunity to even mark answers randomly). All her other friends said it was easy, but in the same breath said that they couldn't finish the maths section and the VR was difficult, so who knows :?
wangxiaosara

Post by wangxiaosara »

choceyes wrote:You can't really go by what the children say I have found. My daughter said the exam was medium-hard, and that she left 4 questions unanswered in the NVR (told to put pencils down without any last minute time warning, so no opportunity to even mark answers randomly). All her other friends said it was easy, but in the same breath said that they couldn't finish the maths section and the VR was difficult, so who knows :?
Totally agree with what Choceyes has said. My ds2 said the timing for non verbal part is very tight! The whole exam was more difficult than the CGP mock packs but easier than the bond ones.
poppety

Post by poppety »

Also agree that you can't always go on what children say. My daughter came out of the exam a couple of years ago very deflated and was convinced she hadn't passed. She scored well above the pass mark for all the school.
payel123

Post by payel123 »

Agree !!DS came out of the exam stating maths was easy but English was really hard.He found some words really difficult. I believe kids can be notoriously wrong at judging exams .lol
Taz1981

Post by Taz1981 »

I guess that makes sense. We have put down AGGS and Stretford as our choices if not then she will remain in her current school as it's so convenient. Fingers crossed for everybody I hope you all pass and your children go on to do amazing things!
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now