Has anyone had their Loreto results?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Trafford

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Mandy21

Re: Has anyone had their Loreto results?

Post by Mandy21 »

Have you seen this booklet Mbrenno84 on the Trafford Council website

https://www.trafford.gov.uk/residents/s ... pectus.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Page 26 has all the secondary schools in Trafford and how places were offered as at 1 March 2020 (shows how far away offers were made, or what category they got to in the oversubscription criteria).
Mbrenno84

Post by Mbrenno84 »

Mandy21 wrote:Have you seen this booklet Mbrenno84 on the Trafford Council website

https://www.trafford.gov.uk/residents/s ... pectus.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Page 26 has all the secondary schools in Trafford and how places were offered as at 1 March 2020 (shows how far away offers were made, or what category they got to in the oversubscription criteria).
Thanks so much! I’m going to get some coffee and take a look!
PercyMum

Post by PercyMum »

If you were considering Loreto, there’s also North Cestrian, which is literally next door. An ex-independent grammar I think (?) & now a state school.
I hear you with your thinking ahead for your younger child. That’s a whole other ballgame! I ended up with three children in three different high schools! It’s a fraught & exhausting process!
Mbrenno84

Post by Mbrenno84 »

PercyMum wrote:If you were considering Loreto, there’s also North Cestrian, which is literally next door. An ex-independent grammar I think (?) & now a state school.
I hear you with your thinking ahead for your younger child. That’s a whole other ballgame! I ended up with three children in three different high schools! It’s a fraught & exhausting process!

This is incredibly useful, and incredibly interesting (though it seems that Ashton-on-Mersey is missing). And also *really worrying* because the closest school for me in WA14 5UP in Timperley, Altrincham ... is Broadoak School 3.1 miles away in Manchester! That's looking at the application outcomes based on who actually got offered a place in terms of category and distance.

Stretford offered up to Category 6 so I'm out because I'm not in one of the postcodes, Urmston only went to 3.16 miles which I'm just over. Wellington and North Cestrian are out on distance based on this info!
Mbrenno84

Post by Mbrenno84 »

PercyMum wrote:If you were considering Loreto, there’s also North Cestrian, which is literally next door. An ex-independent grammar I think (?) & now a state school.
How do you manage 3 different schools?! Which are they?
PercyMum

Post by PercyMum »

St Ambrose, Loreto & AGGS. Different holiday dates / inset days is the worst thing.

Isn't Altrincham College in Timperley? Don't worry too much about distance for the schools - it can sometimes be wildly different from year to year
Mbrenno84

Post by Mbrenno84 »

PercyMum wrote:St Ambrose, Loreto & AGGS. Different holiday dates / inset days is the worst thing.

Isn't Altrincham College in Timperley? Don't worry too much about distance for the schools - it can sometimes be wildly different from year to year
I’m sure it is a nightmare! Yes it is, must have missed it on the list.

At some point I’d hope we can at least stress a preference, rather than get what we’re given :(

Posted a question before - wonder if you or anyone knows how long a local review at Urmston is turned around?
Mandy21

Post by Mandy21 »

I don't know how long the Urmston review takes, sorry.
This is incredibly useful, and incredibly interesting (though it seems that Ashton-on-Mersey is missing)
It isn't missing, its on the list. Thats not going to help, its allocation is even tighter than Wellington!
Mandy21

Post by Mandy21 »

Mbrenno84 - your closest school with that postcode would be North Cestrian and you'd be well inside the distance according to last year's figures.
Trafford

Post by Trafford »

Mandy21 wrote:Have you seen this booklet Mbrenno84 on the Trafford Council website

Looking at the report, am I correct in thinking that everybody who was in category 6 was offered a place at Stretford?