Results, allocation day - when is it all 100% final???

Eleven Plus (11+) in Trafford

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
poppety

Re: Results, allocation day - when is it all 100% final???

Post by poppety »

Yes a letter from each school. We got all ours on the same day.
Mbrenno84

Post by Mbrenno84 »

Mandy21 wrote:
Mbrenno84 wrote:
Mandy21 wrote:My DD also started Yr 7 in September. When she was offered a place on 1 March, the pack included a form to complete to accept the place, and there were quite a few documents that had to be sent in to school with that form to prove residency etc. You get a couple of weeks to complete it from memory.
Great that's helpful. And did you get a follow-up after you sent that back, maybe a few weeks after to confirm a place?
Not really - I think there will obviously be one or two cases where the documentation they send back to school doesn't stand up to scrutiny but I think once you've been offered a place and you accept it (both with the school and Trafford), that's it! I think it can only be withdrawn then if you've cheated the system somehow.

You get an acknowledgment of your acceptance, and then (usually) you/your DD get invited to New Starter events - an open evening and your child goes for a settling in day before the end of Yr 6 (where they find out their form etc). None of this happened this year due to Covid which was a shame.
Are you able to tell me which documents you had to send in? I’m renting so want to make sure I have everything from my landlord.
Mandy21

Post by Mandy21 »

Think it was utilities - gas & electric, plus water, 2 yrs Council Tax bills and then Child Trust Fund / Child Tax Credit letter I think showing name & address. I think there are extra documents you will need to send if you're renting (lease etc).
choceyes

Post by choceyes »

Mandy21 wrote:Think it was utilities - gas & electric, plus water, 2 yrs Council Tax bills and then Child Trust Fund / Child Tax Credit letter I think showing name & address. I think there are extra documents you will need to send if you're renting (lease etc).
For Stretford Grammar it was only a couple of utility bills. Definitely don't remember having to produce 2yrs of council tax bills and CTF letter. I think we sent off the latest council tax bill and a phone bill.
Mbrenno84

Post by Mbrenno84 »

Cheers guys. I have all those as standard anyway.

The wait continues!
Mandy21

Post by Mandy21 »

choceyes wrote:
Mandy21 wrote:Think it was utilities - gas & electric, plus water, 2 yrs Council Tax bills and then Child Trust Fund / Child Tax Credit letter I think showing name & address. I think there are extra documents you will need to send if you're renting (lease etc).
For Stretford Grammar it was only a couple of utility bills. Definitely don't remember having to produce 2yrs of council tax bills and CTF letter. I think we sent off the latest council tax bill and a phone bill.
That was AGGS and it was quite a challenge digging out all the paperwork!
Mbrenno84

Post by Mbrenno84 »

They should really list what documentation they require in the admissions policy. It’s stressful enough. Then parents and carers are scrambling around at the last minute.

Was that just standard for AGGS?! Or did you not have something they originally asked for?
Nadia

Post by Nadia »

Hi everyone,
Any results yet? Is this the thread I have to keep an eye on for the Cem 11+ results?
Mbrenno84

Post by Mbrenno84 »

Nothing for me in the post yet. Feels like they can’t be too far away. Will start a new thread.
Mandy21

Post by Mandy21 »

Mbrenno84 wrote:They should really list what documentation they require in the admissions policy. It’s stressful enough. Then parents and carers are scrambling around at the last minute.

Was that just standard for AGGS?! Or did you not have something they originally asked for?

No, just couldn't access everything with online accounts and putting docs in a "safe" place but forgetting where that was :lol: