Anyone had their CEM results through?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Trafford

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

payel123

Re: Anyone had their CEM results through?

Post by payel123 »

It could’ve worked both ways I think.Going by the GL scores ,it seems there were fewer passes this year and the scoring was quite low too.This is from what I have gathered and have no statistical evidence .i am not much of an expert on the scoring pattern and statistical mapping but I believe either the entire cohort has done exceptionally well which has kind of elevated the bar of performance (can it work that way ??)Hence it was harder to reach a std score of 334??or else the lockdown and the stretch and uncertainty has really had its impact on the children’s performances generally .

Not sure how CEM passes relate to the GLs in terms of being easier or harder to pass.

Maybe someone can enlighten .

DS said GL was super easy and he scored 340(which was lower than what we all expected ),whereas he found the CEM English really hard hence TBH (fingers crossed) I am a bit worried.
Mbrenno84

Post by Mbrenno84 »

Continuing to post my questions during the anxiety of waiting.

For CEM I think I’m right in saying you get one standardised score. But the pass mark for each school is different. Do the pass scores stay consistent each year? Does anyone know what they have been last year.
saida81

Post by saida81 »

I think it's the opposite? Pass mark is always 334, each school standardises their own way so get different scores for different schools
saida81

Post by saida81 »

The ooc 'pass mark' depends on the school. For example Stretford priority is giving by distance, whereas Sale it's by score. Then some schools will also give places to the top scorers (Urmston and Stretford I think)
choceyes

Post by choceyes »

payel123 wrote: DS said GL was super easy and he scored 340(which was lower than what we all expected ),whereas he found the CEM English really hard hence TBH (fingers crossed) I am a bit worried.
My DD found the English hard too, and that's normally her strength. In the synonyms she said that none of the words we learnt during 11+ practise came up (the same words I worked with DS the year before plus some more added, he passed very well) and she had to guess a couple but the rest of the words she knew anyway, before we started preparing for the 11+ :? This has me stumped as to what these words are that she came across, and worried that she thought she knew the meaning but didn't. Can't wait till the waiting is over so we can know either way.
mitasol

Post by mitasol »

I can honestly say that it is a common theme on here that children who report the exams as easy have often failed to grasp the depth of the tests. While there will always be some exceptional children the tests should not be easy. I would be much more reassured by a child reporting the tests as difficult.
Pfpflurk

Post by Pfpflurk »

First time poster so please be gentle with me. :)

My DD sat the 11 plus this year so we are all very anxiously awaiting the result. Speaking to her after she sat the exam she thought it was easier than the CGP Practise Papers she had used in her preparation. However, from what she told us of which questions she missed etc it seems she probably (finger in the air) scored similarly to what she was obtaining in the Practise Papers so didnt really improve on those scores.

It will be a massive relief one way or the other when she gets her result!
Mbrenno84

Post by Mbrenno84 »

Whenever I get a ping now for this thread I think it’s someone telling me they have their result. I can’t wait for that! Could they not send it first class instead of second - give us some chance to get it over the weekend!!
kasin

Post by kasin »

If they are posting on 27th, I believe some people might get it on 28th.
Mbrenno84

Post by Mbrenno84 »

I’m not that lucky! I’m going to get it 3-4 days later I’m sure!