Anyone had their CEM results through?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Trafford

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Mbrenno84

Re: Anyone had their CEM results through?

Post by Mbrenno84 »

Taz1981 wrote:Stretford: 358
Sale: 348
Urmston: 347
Alty Girls: 341! !!!!She passed!!!!

Thank you everyone, we are 7 miles out as the crow flies I hope to god she gets a place, she’s worked so hard.
Can I share this really helpful link from @Mandy21 on the Loreto forum. On page 26 it shows distances that each school offered to last year. It will help to give you a good idea.

https://www.trafford.gov.uk/residents/s ... pectus.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
KaB£H1s3

Post by KaB£H1s3 »

ToadMum wrote:
KaB£H1s3 wrote:DS is sitting the test in 2021 for 2022 entry.
At this time the plan is to work and get the best possible mark.
If we need anything from the primary school to support a review, we're in trouble because they won't write anything good; if past reports are an indicator.
Are you saying that your DS is unfairly negatively regarded by his teachers, or that he just doesn't work as diligently at school as he does for you at home?

If the latter, if your DS is compliant at home, would he be mature enough to see that a whole year of making sure there was no way that anyone could not praise his efforts (and, hopefully, achievements) at school would be a good idea, as there is just a possibility that his progress may be looked at as part of the attempt to secure the grammar school place that he wants?
Personally, I think the teacher was unfairly negative but maybe as a parent, I am preprogrammed with that opinion.
We have a tutor for 11+. She said the teacher probably got mixed up and gave us someone else's feedback.
I'm probably worrying about it too much.
Long way to go to the test and I'm dying of stress already :(
KaB£H1s3

Post by KaB£H1s3 »

Thank you everyone, we are 7 miles out as the crow flies I hope to god she gets a place, she’s worked so hard.
Great results. Are you still going to do the independent school tests?
EmmaF

Post by EmmaF »

Can I ask some details about this report?

On Page 27, a number shows '2020 APPLICATIONS'.

Is this the total number of kids who put this school in their CAF (regardless the preference order)?

Thank you very much!
mitasol

Post by mitasol »

I would think it is the total number of applications regardless of preference. Last year results were known before applications were submitted. This year is likely to have a much greater number. Your CAF ranking is relevant if you can be offered more than one school.
EmmaF

Post by EmmaF »

Then it seems the odds is not that bad.

Using AGSB and AGSG as examples, the admission vs. applications is about 200:500 (40%), while Altrincham College is 170:800 (20%) and Ashton-on-Mersey is 250:1000 (25%).

Purely from these figures, it is actually more difficult to get a place in a comprehensive school.
Pondering19

Post by Pondering19 »

EmmaF wrote:Then it seems the odds is not that bad.

Using AGSB and AGSG as examples, the admission vs. applications is about 200:500 (40%), while Altrincham College is 170:800 (20%) and Ashton-on-Mersey is 250:1000 (25%).

Purely from these figures, it is actually more difficult to get a place in a comprehensive school.
No. Faulted logic. You still need to pass exam & get required score for grammars. Loads of families don’t apply. Everyone puts 3 or more schools down. I’ve put three down although I know in reality I’ll get first choice on distance. Just in case.
So a Trafford comp will have loads who don’t really want it plus those who do.
Grammar applicants need a plan B but not vice versa
Taz1981

Post by Taz1981 »

KaB£H1s3 wrote:

Great results. Are you still going to do the independent school tests?
Hi, we are yes for MHSG and WHSG they are both walking distance but the bursary application for MHSG was very strange. Didn’t ask for any outgoings, we obviously can’t afford any of the schools but I think it’s just good experience for my daughter and leave the rest to fate. I think we’ve done as much as we can now so whatever happens hopefully will be for the best.
Taz1981

Post by Taz1981 »

Pondering19 wrote:
EmmaF wrote:Then it seems the odds is not that bad.

No. Faulted logic. You still need to pass exam & get required score for grammars. Loads of families don’t apply. Everyone puts 3 or more schools down. I’ve put three down although I know in reality I’ll get first choice on distance. Just in case.
So a Trafford comp will have loads who don’t really want it plus those who do.
Grammar applicants need a plan B but not vice versa

With AGSG does it show how many are offered a place turn it down? It must be 0.01%
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

Taz1981 wrote:
With AGSG does it show how many are offered a place turn it down? It must be 0.01%
1 place given up for every 10 000 offered; that would imply that a place is only offered from the waiting list only about once every 49 to 50 years?
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now