Allocations in March 2021 for September 2021 entry

Eleven Plus (11+) in Trafford

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Mbrenno84

Re: Allocations in March 2021 for September 2021 entry

Post by Mbrenno84 »

KaB£H1s3 wrote:
Mbrenno84 wrote:Kicking off a new thread from my previous mammoth one :) This one to help me understand a little more on the allocations come 1st March 2021.

I think I'm right in thinking they come via email, right?
I put the 5 grammar schools first (Consortium + Loreto). My child passed Stretford and Loreto.
It's unlikely she'll get in on oversubscription criteria for Loreto. She may just get in for Stretford (but we are OOC in WA14).

What happens next?

Do you just get your next preference 6,7,8 that I emailed in if I meet their oversub criteria.
Or if she gets into Stretford, do you just get that one choice, or do you always get a second choice of local authority school too?

My anxiety is abated when I know what's happening!
To get your allocation log in at
01 March 2021 at 00:01

https://legacy.trafford.gov.uk/content/ ... .asp#login" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

You can log in now. It should show your current application

Edit to add: if you get Stretford or Urmston you won't get a non grammar choice. You'll get your highest available preference only.
I think this is where I logged the initial application so I’ve got my login already. Thanks for following up I think I get it now. I’d be happy with Stretford, more than happy. Or Urmston if local review finds in our favour.
PercyMum

Post by PercyMum »

Don’t give up hope of Stretford. These stats show that allocation has gone beyond 4 miles quite often, including recent years.
http://www.stretfordgrammar.com/admissi ... tion-2019/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Mbrenno84

Post by Mbrenno84 »

PercyMum wrote:Don’t give up hope of Stretford. These stats show that allocation has gone beyond 4 miles quite often, including recent years.
http://www.stretfordgrammar.com/admissi ... tion-2019/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I don’t know if this will make sense to you. Or others that have found the news from the CEM exam has been good. My daughter and I worked together for over a year, and with a tutor to prepare. She’s the youngest in her class, an August baby. By the end of it I really thought we had it, so it was a bit disheartening. At the end of the day if it was me I would have made my peace by now. But because it’s her and the rest of her life, I just feel it’s not finished yet. I’m glad we have stretford and I’m open to any of the local authority schools if that’s what’s best for her. I am hopeful that Urmston comes through on local review just to give another opportunity.

Was 330 really that far away from 334 for Sale? I’m even thinking about appeal. Every day if different feelings right now, I’m just trying to make sure I give her as much of a chance as possible.
Mandy21

Post by Mandy21 »

PercyMum wrote:Don’t give up hope of Stretford. These stats show that allocation has gone beyond 4 miles quite often, including recent years.
PercyMum - But that shows that no places were offered on distance (Category 7) - so all places were filled from their catchment (Category 6) or above for the last few years??
Mbrenno84

Post by Mbrenno84 »

Mandy21 wrote:
PercyMum - But that shows that no places were offered on distance (Category 7) - so all places were filled from their catchment (Category 6) or above for the last few years??
That’s how I read it too :(
KaB£H1s3

Post by KaB£H1s3 »

Mbrenno84 wrote:
I don’t know if this will make sense to you. Or others that have found the news from the CEM exam has been good. My daughter and I worked together for over a year, and with a tutor to prepare. She’s the youngest in her class, an August baby. By the end of it I really thought we had it, so it was a bit disheartening. At the end of the day if it was me I would have made my peace by now. But because it’s her and the rest of her life, I just feel it’s not finished yet. I’m glad we have stretford and I’m open to any of the local authority schools if that’s what’s best for her. I am hopeful that Urmston comes through on local review just to give another opportunity.

Was 330 really that far away from 334 for Sale? I’m even thinking about appeal. Every day if different feelings right now, I’m just trying to make sure I give her as much of a chance as possible.
I would put in the appeal.
There's nothing to lose. Worst case they decline it. Best case they accept it. It's worth a shot.
Mbrenno84

Post by Mbrenno84 »

KaB£H1s3 wrote:
Mbrenno84 wrote:

I would put in the appeal.
There's nothing to lose. Worst case they decline it. Best case they accept it. It's worth a shot.
Thanks for your support. A while to go yet. 1st March first!
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now