Waiting lists

Eleven Plus (11+) in Trafford

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
saida81

Waiting lists

Post by saida81 »

As Monday was last day to confirm places has anyone heard about offers from waiting list yet? How long does it normally take to get first round out?
Shay

Re: Waiting lists

Post by Shay »

Hi Saida ,

I saw your post and thought I’d see if you’d heard anything ?

Sorry I can’t answer your question.

All the best.
saida81

Post by saida81 »

I spoke to Trafford Admissions and they said could take upto 3 weeks to get second round of offers out
Shay

Post by Shay »

So have the first round taken place? The school must be able to tell you where your son is on the waiting list?

All the best.
saida81

Post by saida81 »

The first round were the ones that went out on the 1st March. The second round,if there will be one,is being processed now. They have to work through who has refused places/asked for alternate places etc which they said can take upto 3 weeks. I spoke to the school and they told me dc's place after 1st round. They have to wait for list from Trafford Admissions now to update the list.
saida81

Post by saida81 »

I spoke to Trafford admissions and they have sent the paperwork to Altrincham boys to make the second round offers although they said still no guarantee they will. The school will contact people directly. Anyone heard?? School aren't answering.
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

saida81 wrote:I spoke to Trafford admissions and they have sent the paperwork to Altrincham boys to make the second round offers although they said still no guarantee they will. The school will contact people directly. Anyone heard?? School aren't answering.

If the school has places (that is, they are now under PAN) and there are boys qualified for a place waiting for one, then there is no reason why those places should not be offered out. If an above PAN number of offers were made in the firstt round, though, new offers wouldn't be made unless / until more places are declined and the school goes under PAN again.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
saida81

Post by saida81 »

Anyone had a second round offer for AGSB? I spoke to the school beginning of the week and they said the offers would come from Trafford Council. I spoke to the council today and they said they'd sent the list to Altrincham and the offers would come directly from you school. All very unclear!
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now