St Ambrose non-catholic boys

Eleven Plus (11+) in Trafford

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Lmr87

St Ambrose non-catholic boys

Post by Lmr87 »

Hi, has does anyone currently have or previously had a non-catholic child attending St Ambrose? Although we are still awaiting results, I got a really good feel for the school as did my son. We are not a religious family and my son has not been baptised so even if he passes he will be low down on the oversubscription list anyway. I did want to know though how any non-catholic boys have found it there with faith being such a big part of the school ethos?
CheshMum

Re: St Ambrose non-catholic boys

Post by CheshMum »

Hi. My son is at St Ambrose and there are a few non catholics in his year but not many at all and they tend to live very close to school.
You are right though and the Catholic ethos is very much emphasised.
Would you and your son be comfortable with this? We are catholic so not an issue and I can't really answer your question but for example all Y7 go on an overnight retreat early on..
Perhaps have a look at the weekly newsletters on the parent section of school website to get a better feel of the ethos of the school?
Is your son sporty though as, tbh, it feels like sport is as important as religion sometimes!
Lmr87

Post by Lmr87 »

Thank you for your reply. His current primary also has a religious aspect to it especially in assembly etc although it isn’t a faith school so I think he’d fine fine with the ethos. However, I think he would be uncomfortable if asked to pray (although he would happily put his head down and stay silent while others were doing this). Is religion brought into every lesson? He plays rugby at the moment so he likes the school’s push for sport
CheshMum

Post by CheshMum »

There are regular masses and I think that a prayer is said at start of every lesson. I think your son would be expected to respect that if he didn't join in.
Religion is not part of every lesson but I have another child at a different Catholic school and would say that there is a bigger emphasis on religion at St Ambrose than the other school. Not sure if that helps, sorry.
KaB£H1s3

Post by KaB£H1s3 »

When are the St Ambrose results?
Lmr87

Post by Lmr87 »

We got an email yesterday with the results
UpsetMom

Post by UpsetMom »

Did anyone from category 11 get an offer for St.Ambrose this year please?How much did your son score or anyone you know scored.My DS got 356,what’s the chances that he can get an offer from the waiting list?
Very upset as was expecting an offer for him today
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now