What is the pass mark?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Trafford

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

TraffordMum

Post by TraffordMum »

I have no knowledge of what your chances are, although from what you've written I'd say things look good. Is it worth a call to the school to ask how many passed in catchment?
Zed 1

Post by Zed 1 »

Thanks. I didn't think of asking how many passed in the catchment area.
Do they fill up places with everyone in the area and then see what's left? If that's the case then yes, it's worth asking how many passed in the catchment area.

I was told the score you needed for 'out of area' wasn't that much higher than the 334 needed for Altrincham catchment area.
TraffordMum

Post by TraffordMum »

The AGSB website (under the Admissions tab) has the policy document which sets out how the oversubscription works. Catchment is WA14, WA15 and certain M33 postcodes and, to the extent there are too many boys in that category, they take boys based on distance from school.

Assuming they can't fill the places with every boy in catchment then out of catchment places are filled on the basis of scores. So Adam with 421 in London would get in before Billy with 350 in Knutsford (but Charlie in Bowdon with a 334R would get in first of all because he's in catchment).

So I'd have thought that finding out how many passed in catchment would be useful info, although please bear in mind the fact that some people pass who won't take a place there. A lot of the preps use Alty Boys as a practice for the independents in January and there are others who will take places at St Ambrose and Sale instead.

Are you actually in Trafford or in another LEA?