Urmston Grammar Appeal

Eleven Plus (11+) in Trafford

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
TIDDLYMUM

Urmston Grammar Appeal

Post by TIDDLYMUM »

Hi

Not sure whether to put this on Trafford or Appeals thread but thought it made more sense to put on this one.

I'm hoping to assist with my nieces appeal for Urmston on the grounds of non qualification (11 marks off with extenuating domestic circumstances).Its probable that we will be able to provide evidence of educational achievement ( predicted 5's in Sats etc).

If it makes a difference its appeal to the school rather than the independent appeal.

Questions

Is anyone else appealing to Urmston on non qual please?
Does anyone have previous experience of appealing for Urmston in similar circumstances? What was the outcome?
Do they actually have any spare places left after allocation? We heard that 250 plus sat and passed and the number of places is far less. Not sure how it all works?

I am aware of the published procedure but would be very very grateful for any pointers for the appeal which I believe is in May (not easy to wait that long as I am sure you all appreciate).

Thanks all

TM :?
TraffordMum

Post by TraffordMum »

I have no experience of Urmston, sorry.

The only thing that comes to mind is that this is the first year that Urmston has gone it alone, so to speak, instead of letting Trafford run the exams and appeals. Therefore, I would be hesitant to compare last year's appeals with this year's under the new regime. Good luck
sci-dad

Urmston appeal

Post by sci-dad »

DS missed out by 1 mark, we are hoping to appeal but concerned about his chances as he is out of area.
would appreciate any advise with regards to the Urmston appeal :?
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now