Bishops wordsworth salisbury CEM pass mark?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Wiltshire (Wilts)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
mumwithquestions

Bishops wordsworth salisbury CEM pass mark?

Post by mumwithquestions »

Hello all
My ds is taking the CEM exam for bishops in sept and we were told in march that they had changed from GL to CEM. In previous years the pass mark was around 72/73% but not sure what it will be now? does anyone have any idea? there is no indication of this on the schools website.
Thankyou!
Daogroupie

Re: Bishops wordsworth salisbury CEM pass mark?

Post by Daogroupie »

CEM is a completely different format so nobody can have any idea what the pass mark will be this year.

We are in the same situation in Herts. Pass mark could well plummet as many students will turn up having no idea the format has changed.

Out of interest how did you find out? Do you think that most student applying will know about CEM or be in the dark. What did Bishops say at their open day? DG
Bob1892

Post by Bob1892 »

mumwithquestions wrote:Hello all
My ds is taking the CEM exam for bishops in sept and we were told in march that they had changed from GL to CEM. In previous years the pass mark was around 72/73% but not sure what it will be now? does anyone have any idea? there is no indication of this on the schools website.
Thankyou!
I think I have already posted this on a different thread recently but cem is a different ball game altogether where most regions to gain a GS place you need in the region of around 55-65%. It it's a super selective it maybe 70% but rarely more than this. It just seems a lot tougher than gl and I remember my dd saying it doesn't resemble any of the usual suspects eg bond,CGP,letts etc etc to any great extent.
RedVelvet

Post by RedVelvet »

Although were in a different area, I'd say the CEM qualifying mark is lower.

My first DS did GL type of paper and was scoring 90% + at home and just qualified for our chosen school. A few years later DS2 was the first year of CEM, never scored above 70% in practice tests, and he qualified with a much higher ranking for the same school. Small example I know.

We definitely found the CEM much more varied and much tighter for time.
mumwithquestions

Post by mumwithquestions »

thank you everyone! very helpful indeed. i think bws in salisbury usually has between 280/300 taking the exam for 128 places... so i suppose that and how hard the exam is will determine how they do the pass mark? thank you all very much
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now