SWGS Salisbury Admission entry 2021

Eleven Plus (11+) in Wiltshire (Wilts)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

sk159

SWGS Salisbury Admission entry 2021

Post by sk159 »

Hi,

Any child passed the SWGS Salisbury test from Reading or Basingstoke ?
I heard, SWGS consider the catchement area very much.. Is it possible to get the admission in SWGS being in Basingstoke if my DD passed the test ?
mad?

Re: SWGS Salisbury Admission entry 2021

Post by mad? »

If you look on their website they outline their admissions criteria here and have a map of their catchment area here.
You will see that all in catchment (which does not include Basingstoke) qualified applicants are admitted before going out of catchment. It is a big catchment area and I would be surprised if they ever need to go as far as Basingstoke. If you explore their website in more detail, or look at the local authority admissions pages you may be able to find data which shows the furthest admission in previous years.
mad?
sk159

Post by sk159 »

mad? wrote:If you look on their website they outline their admissions criteria here and have a map of their catchment area here.
You will see that all in catchment (which does not include Basingstoke) qualified applicants are admitted before going out of catchment. It is a big catchment area and I would be surprised if they ever need to go as far as Basingstoke. If you explore their website in more detail, or look at the local authority admissions pages you may be able to find data which shows the furthest admission in previous years.
Thanks for the reply.

There are total 160 place available and I heard 179 children passed the test this year and my DD one of them. As per thier admission policy there is no chance to get offer on 1st March because we don't live in catchment area but is there any possibility to get top in the waiting list if we relocate to Salisbury ?

Still any chance to get offer being in Basingstoke if we know how many condidates offered from waiting list concerning previous year data ?
mad?

Post by mad? »

The link is sent you above shows you the furthest distance allocations. As you can see, distance is measured as the crow flies. Did you look at it? As for moving, I suggest that if you cannot find the information in the admissions policy that you contact the school directly.
mad?