Anyone else in Wiltshire taking the 11+ this year

Eleven Plus (11+) in Wiltshire (Wilts)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
mattsurf

Anyone else in Wiltshire taking the 11+ this year

Post by mattsurf »

Seems like the Wiltshire forum is a bit light with Parents whose kids are doing the 11+ later this year. Where are you all?

Well done to Sycamore and all the other kids who passed this year.

I know that next year I will be praying for the same great result for my DS
Biggles

Post by Biggles »

hi Mattsurf,

Thought I would join up after seeing your message, you are right it does seem very quiet on the wiltshire forum! We have a son sitting the 11plus this November. We already have a son at BWS, great school and worth the hard work to get there.
mattsurf

Post by mattsurf »

Nice to know that I am not alone.

Hope to meet you next year when kids start secondary school.
bluekarin

Post by bluekarin »

My son will be taking it in November 09. My daughter took it a couple of years ago and passed and is in yeaar 7 at SWGS and loves it. She didn't have a tutor, but I did get a few papers from WHSmiths and printed off some of the ones from here. It was more to understand the layout and what was expected than to intensely tutor her. I am dreading when my sons results come through as the other alternative boys schools aren't that good.
mattsurf

Post by mattsurf »

bluekarin wrote:I am dreading when my sons results come through as the other alternative boys schools aren't that good.
I know the feeling. We are moving from Sutton Coldfield to Salisbury this summer. Up in the Midlands the non Grammar alternatives are not as bad as Salisbury.

We thought long and hard about whether we should move to Salisbury due to the schools situation. However, at the end of the day both my wife and I strongly beleive that DS should be given the opportunity to go to a Grammar school, if we moved to Hampshire then we would be taking away that choice. Also, in Hampshire all the schools only go to 16, which in my opinion is wrong, I would like my son to attend the same school till he is 18. The other significant factor for moving to Salisbury is that it is a lovely city, with significantly lower house prices than Winchester.

If DS does not pass 11+ we do at least have the means to go to a private school (although it will be a struggle)

Currently focused on selling our house, then need to find somewhere to move into, then arranging schools for 3 kids - It is a pretty big job relocating.

Matt
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now