When are appeals for Wirral Grammar?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Wirral

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

GillsD71

When are appeals for Wirral Grammar?

Post by GillsD71 »

My daughter passed the Upton Hall exam but really wants to go to Wirral Grammar. She sat the 11 plus later in November and she was 7 points off. It did go to an independent assessment board but it did not change the decision. We wish to appeal. Do we really have to wait until after allocation day? Does anyone know when the appeals are heard as we have booked a holiday in May and will change it if we have to.
ToadMum

Re: When are appeals for Wirral Grammar?

Post by ToadMum »

GillsD71 wrote:My daughter passed the Upton Hall exam but really wants to go to Wirral Grammar. She sat the 11 plus later in November and she was 7 points off. It did go to an independent assessment board but it did not change the decision. We wish to appeal. Do we really have to wait until after allocation day? Does anyone know when the appeals are heard as we have booked a holiday in May and will change it if we have to.
The normal rule is that you have to wait until you have actually been refused a place - you haven't actually applied for a place at the school until you have submitted a valid application via your LEA's CAF and any SIF required by the individual school. So yes, you wait until allocation day, even if the refusal of a place is inevitable.

When you get your allocation, you should also get details of how to appeal. There is a timetable for appeals, which should be detailed (it may already be on the school's website), or you can look at the Appeals Code https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... peals-code.

Appeals in our area are not normally timetabled to take place in school holidays.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
GillsD71

Post by GillsD71 »

Thank you for that. I may email the LEA and ask if they have an indication of the timescale. Our family and particularly are daughter have been through a difficult time, hence the late sitting of the test and the appeal, so cancelling a holiday would be hard for everyone! Our school have 2 weeks at Whit, and that is when we are away, but hardly any other schools do have this, so that is our concern!
Tyra

Post by Tyra »

Have replied to your pm x
Sam10

Post by Sam10 »

Hi

I am seeking any advice regarding appeals for wirral grammar girls. Where you successful with your appeal?

Kindest regards
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now