Wirral CEM what test papers and books to buy

Eleven Plus (11+) in Wirral

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
strawberryberry

Wirral CEM what test papers and books to buy

Post by strawberryberry »

I am looking to buy the Practise Books / Test papers / for the 11 plus . After having checked Bond and other sites there are a whole host of resources available, including 11 plus explained to parents. I wanted to really know exactly what to buy.
The list for 11+ Essentials is huge as is Bond as is CGP
Test Papers or the Practise ones as well.
Multiple choice or not? ( from what I have read some bits seem to be multiple and some not ).
This is for two children one year 4 and one year 5.
Not really sure which ones to get from which publisher - is it best to stick to one scheme or get test papers from them all rather than practice ones.
Cant really afford the lot, or a tutor as I am going to do this myself. Any help much appreciated
scary mum

Re: Wirral CEM what test papers and books to buy

Post by scary mum »

I'm not from your area, but this might help?
https://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/schoo ... ol-11-plus" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
scary mum
strawberryberry

Post by strawberryberry »

Hi
thanks scarymum, I had read the link you kindly sent me - but even from that, there seemed to be a tremendous amount of books to buy. I wasn't sure if this site was affiliated to any particular publisher or if it was independent. Thought someone with more knowledge than I or who had perhaps experience of the Wirral 11 plus may be able to help -
WirralGrP

Post by WirralGrP »

Hi Stawberryberry.

Sorry for the delay in responding to your query.

Our GD sat both the Local Authority and Upton Hall 11+ exams last year and we were very pleased that she passed both.

We used CGP for the LA CEM Durham test and IPS for Upton, as the Upton test includes the possiblity of additional question types not used for the CEM test.

I hope this is useful.

Cheers