11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
SofiaCerano

Re: Waiting for results

Post by SofiaCerano »

Good luck everyone, I’ll still be nervously refreshing my emails tomorrow :lol:
amylc

Post by amylc »

My daughter was 10 points short of the pass rate. Her best friend passed together with all the other girls in her class that sat the exam. She is so upset and I'm upset for her. She felt like the Upton exam was easy but she struggled with the English section in 11+ test and doesn't feel like she has passed that either. Are any of the parents in your daughters class appealing Sofia?
SofiaCerano

Post by SofiaCerano »

Aww sorry your daughter missed out :( Up to now, I only know of one family who are intending to appeal. Their daughter was two marks off. My daughter’s best friend was 20 marks short and they’re not appealing.
KLJ77

Post by KLJ77 »

That's tough for your daughter Amylc, at least she gave it a go despite the fact she may not get the magic 236 she's given it everything she can. I say lots of treats all round, for children and the parents! Fingers crossed for some good news for tomorrow x
Bati

Post by Bati »

Wishing all your children good luck for tomorrow. This was me waiting a few years ago so I know how stressful it is waiting for that email.
I will be going through it again in the next couple of years with my youngest daughter but the 11+ has changed since my other daughter so i have no idea whats involved now,so have a few questions for you all.
What is covered in the 11+ cem exam and which books are best for practice
Also has the Upton hall 11+ changed or is it still the same - I will be tutoring her myself so want to get my head around it all before I get her started
Once again good luck for tomorrow x
Hopefulmama00

Post by Hopefulmama00 »

I’m sorry to hear about the children who didn’t quite pass I hope they’re ok and looking forward. It’s such a shame because they’ve all worked so hard! But really well done for having a go......I find out for my son tomorrow but as I told him all along if you don’t try then you definitely won’t pass! Congrats to them all! ***
SofiaCerano

Post by SofiaCerano »

Bati wrote:Wishing all your children good luck for tomorrow. This was me waiting a few years ago so I know how stressful it is waiting for that email.
I will be going through it again in the next couple of years with my youngest daughter but the 11+ has changed since my other daughter so i have no idea whats involved now,so have a few questions for you all.
What is covered in the 11+ cem exam and which books are best for practice
Also has the Upton hall 11+ changed or is it still the same - I will be tutoring her myself so want to get my head around it all before I get her started
Once again good luck for tomorrow x
This year was my first epxperience of this so I don’t know whether the Upton exam has changed or not. We did have a tutor who who set practice homework for her. We also used the Bond books for the eleven plus, and I found verbal reasoning resources for Upton online. There’s a few sample papers from this website I used, along with worksheets I found online. As I said I didn’t do it fully myself, she saw a tutor an hour a week during term time, but I did work with her at home too. Hope that helps.
SofiaCerano

Post by SofiaCerano »

Best of luck everyone. I hope everyone gets the result they’re hoping for but if not, all our kids are stars for attempting these tough exams. And regardless of what the email says, should celebrate their hard work.

Personally I’ll be glad to see an end and get those forms in. Good luck xx
KLJ77

Post by KLJ77 »

Same here!! Good luck today to everyone and celebrate later regardless of the outcome :D
SAK1983

Post by SAK1983 »

No email yet ! 8) Have checked my email several times since morning . Today seems so long.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now