Waiting for results

Eleven Plus (11+) in Wirral

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

torcross

Re: Waiting for results

Post by torcross »

I'm not sure if everybody has seen this document for admissions for 2019/20.

http://www.wirral.gov.uk/sites/default/ ... 9-2020.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

My daughter passed her 11+ and put Wirral as her first choice, at first we though it may be a 50/50 chance but according to last year every girl who put it as first choice was offered a place and that was with 166 with first choice for last year and for 2019 there are 180 places available.

I know you don't want to tempt fate but at only 3 miles away as well I don't really see a problem as I have found out in previous it went to any girl in a 9 mile radius and I think even 20 miles after that.

BTW from last year all girls who reached the standard for West Kirby & Upton were also offered a place and Calday went to 16.3 miles from the school.

Hope this helps
Hopefulmama00

Post by Hopefulmama00 »

Thank you so much for this I was just today trying to find info on how far the furthest distance was for Calday and Wirral!
KLJ77

Post by KLJ77 »

torcross wrote:I'm not sure if everybody has seen this document for admissions for 2019/20.

http://www.wirral.gov.uk/sites/default/ ... 9-2020.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

My daughter passed her 11+ and put Wirral as her first choice, at first we though it may be a 50/50 chance but according to last year every girl who put it as first choice was offered a place and that was with 166 with first choice for last year and for 2019 there are 180 places available.

I know you don't want to tempt fate but at only 3 miles away as well I don't really see a problem as I have found out in previous it went to any girl in a 9 mile radius and I think even 20 miles after that.

BTW from last year all girls who reached the standard for West Kirby & Upton were also offered a place and Calday went to 16.3 miles from the school.

Hope this helps
Thanks for this :) The HT of Wirral also said similar at the open evening, she said every girl in the last few years who put Wirral as 1st choice got a place, she also said that the birth rate for girls was low again so she expects once again everyone who chooses Wirral should get in. We are 5 miles shortest distance so I hope thats ok too :)
Hopefulmama00

Post by Hopefulmama00 »

Does anyone know what the birth rate is for boys this year? We’re 9 miles from Wirral and 18 from Calday according to google maps but it must show differently because my friends son got in from 3 miles miles further away from me this year and it says 16 miles was the furthest distance
SofiaCerano

Post by SofiaCerano »

torcross wrote:I'm not sure if everybody has seen this document for admissions for 2019/20.

Hope this helps
Thanks for this, it’s incredibly helpful
KLJ77

Post by KLJ77 »

Hopefulmama00 wrote:Does anyone know what the birth rate is for boys this year? We’re 9 miles from Wirral and 18 from Calday according to google maps but it must show differently because my friends son got in from 3 miles miles further away from me this year and it says 16 miles was the furthest distance
Sometimes they do straight line distance, you can measure it on google maps and should be much shorter than by road.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now