Upton hall

Eleven Plus (11+) in Wirral

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Bati

Upton hall

Post by Bati »

Does anyone from the Ellesmere Port area go to upton hall or applying for Upton hall to start 2021
My dd really likes upton hall but I am concerned about the lack of friends she would have if noone else from our area goes or is hoping to go.
SofiaCerano

Re: Upton hall

Post by SofiaCerano »

My daughter is in year 8 at upton and traditionally if a child passed and put upton first then a place was pretty much guaranteed. In my daughters year, they were quite oversubscribed and there was quite a few disappointed girls. Priority is given it baptised catholic girls, then they take non Catholics by score. My daughter scored 268 on upton and although we’re not catholic she secured a place. We live about a mile and a half from the school. I don’t know about last year in all honesty but I’ve found last years admissions policy booklet and it says the last girl to be offered a place fell into category 2, it doesn’t say anything about distance I’m afraid. Upton tweeted today that 500 girls sat the exam today, I think it was 600 in my DD’s year. Good luck to your daughter, upton is a really lovely school. https://www.wirral.gov.uk/sites/default ... 020-21.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Bati

Post by Bati »

We really like Upton and dd is catholic and attends a catholic primary school. I am just concerned she wont have any local friends.
It surprises me that very few people in Ellesmere port know about Upton hall or St Anselms even though there is 4 catholic primary schools.
Its good to hear your dd likes it there x
SofiaCerano

Post by SofiaCerano »

In that case then I would go for it then. My DD was one of 4 girls from her primary to go, she wasn’t particularly friends with any of them but she made new friends very quickly.
SofiaCerano

Post by SofiaCerano »

Heard the results were out today. How did your daughter do?
Bati

Post by Bati »

She passed
Thanks for asking xx
SofiaCerano

Post by SofiaCerano »

That’s brilliant news! Well done to her. Upton is a lovely school x
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now