GL Maths paper

Eleven Plus (11+) in Wirral

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Jennieh87

GL Maths paper

Post by Jennieh87 »

Hello Im hoping someone can help, my daughter is going to sit the 11+ for Wirral Grammar in September and her tutor has only been covering a small amount of maths, when I have questioned this I was told they have taken out the maths, apart from what is classed as VR maths questions?
Has anyone done the test recently during Covid and know if this is true or not?
Thank you
scary mum

Re: GL Maths paper

Post by scary mum »

I'm going to move this to the regional section for you where you may get more relevant answers.
scary mum
mitasol

Post by mitasol »

I’m not an expert in your area but having had a look at the familiarisation papers provided the example maths question is most definitely not a GL VR type maths question. It looks like a tradition GL maths paper question.

http://www.wirralgrammarboys.com/upload ... 0Guide.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
The Mathematics section will draw upon what you have been taught in class; however, there may be some questions that are more challenging than what you are used to. This is so that you can demonstrate how well you can use the skills you have gained already to solve new kinds of problems.
Hopefully someone from your area will be along with more information.
Bati

Post by Bati »

My dd sat the 11+ this year and maths was definitely in it x
exam2019

Post by exam2019 »

We're also not your area but had issues with a Maths tutor late last year.
As an ex-teacher with no 11+ experience they weren't at all geared up towards the content of the test.
They were doing a good job teaching to fill gaps, but it wouldn't have helped us with the exams this coming Sept.
We decided to go DIY and have made better progress (also filling gaps as we go).
Good luck
elevenplusforum78

Post by elevenplusforum78 »

its about time 11 plus tutoring became regulated. people posing to be experienced/ knowledgable tutors is plain wrong and it risk children's futures. I hope potential tutors are reading this and will re consider if they're not up to it.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now