How to pick between two grammar schools?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Wirral

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
anonymous21

How to pick between two grammar schools?

Post by anonymous21 »

Hi,

I am finding it difficult to pick which grammar school to put as first preference?

Does anyone have any insight into Wirral girls and West Kirby girls?

Pros and cons would be useful.

Any help welcome
TinyDAncer13

Re: How to pick between two grammar schools?

Post by TinyDAncer13 »

Hi.

We had this problem between Calday & St Anselm’s. We picked Calday first although I still don’t know if it was the right choice. My son didn’t feel particularly strongly towards either of them.

I made the decision in the end otherwise it never would’ve been made! It was based on how easy it would be for him to travel there, the schools’ results/performance history, sports offered (as that is important to him) and if any of his were friends going too but mostly I relied on which school I thought would be the right one for him.

I know how difficult it is when there’s not much between them!

Good luck x
Shazbot79

Re: How to pick between two grammar schools?

Post by Shazbot79 »

My friend has a daughter at WGSG and rates it very highly especially for pastoral care. We have however chosen WKGS as when we visited my daughter seemed much more comfortable there than at Wirral. Its actually further away from us but I've literally gone with my gut feelings on this one.

One of the things I did do was read things like the news letters and social media which also gave me a feel for the schools ethos. Also looking at things like the clubs and extracurricular activities on offer.

I think WK currently has the higher value added score for the Wirral schools but I don't think there is a huge amount between them academically.