1st MARCH 2022 ALLOCATIONS Discussion Thread…

Eleven Plus (11+) in Wirral

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

RiskAverse

Re: 1st MARCH 2022 ALLOCATIONS Discussion Thread…

Post by RiskAverse »

Has anyone heard from the waiting lists yet about places at the Grammars?
warriorhel5000

Post by warriorhel5000 »

Hi Riskaverse I'm not aware of any places becoming available for West Kirby as yet. I have received notification of an appeal date though for mid May. I don't know about any other schools though.
MrsCh

Post by MrsCh »

I haven't heard of any places becoming available either and we've missed out through distance by a mere whisker, but have now received a date for the appeal hearing.

I do hope if there is any movement it will be soon and that hopefully people won't hold onto places they're not intending to use until the eleventh hour. It's so stressful being kept in limbo and don't want to go through the holidays not knowing what school DD is going to and having to hold off buying school uniform until the last minute. Missing out on the excitement about the new school and as we get nearer, induction days/process, doesn't bear thinking about.

Fingers crossed and best wishes to all.
DisneyDad

Post by DisneyDad »

Hi

Just wondered if anybody has appealed in Wirral please and if so, how did you get on?

Thanks
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

Hi DisneyDad - there is a thread here about someone's appeal experience https://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum ... 27&t=57953" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

ETA: The search engine on here doesn't make it easy to search on "appeals wirral" but you can search the forum via google if you put :

elevenplusexams.co.uk wirral appeal site:www.elevenplusexams.co.uk

into the search - should come up with quite a few threads
MrsCh

Post by MrsCh »

DisneyDad wrote:Hi

Just wondered if anybody has appealed in Wirral please and if so, how did you get on?

Thanks
Our Appeal has been upheld, we were informed after 10 long days. So relieved by I am still shaking with disbelief.

We were told unusually all the Grammars are oversubscribed this year and there were over 40 Appeals for the school.

Usually there can be several successful Appeals on non-qualification, but this year it's been so difficult as everyone is having to 'balance the prejudice' in order to be successful.

How is everyone? Anyone else had a positive outcome? X
DisneyDad

Post by DisneyDad »

Congratulations MrcCh

Did your daughter get into WKGS?

Can I also ask when you had your appeal and when you got the results?

We’re still waiting!

Thanks for your help

MrsCh wrote:
DisneyDad wrote:Hi

Just wondered if anybody has appealed in Wirral please and if so, how did you ge

Thanks
Our Appeal has been upheld, we were informed after 10 long days. So relieved by I am still shaking with disbelief.

We were told unusually all the Grammars are oversubscribed this year and there were over 40 Appeals for the school.

Usually there can be several successful Appeals on non-qualification, but this year it's been so difficult as everyone is having to 'balance the prejudice' in order to be successful.

How is everyone? Anyone else had a positive outcome? X
Northwalesmum

Post by Northwalesmum »

Hi - I am still waiting for WKGS decision.

They have not been sent out as of yet - will be by COP today via email I have been told!

Good Luck, what a horrible experience! :?
DisneyDad

Post by DisneyDad »

Northwalesmum wrote:Hi - I am still waiting for WKGS decision.

They have not been sent out as of yet - will be by COP today via email I have been told!

Good Luck, what a horrible experience! :?

Thank you for responding Northwalesmum and I really appreciate the information.

I do hope we hear today - not sure we can make it through another weekend not knowing

Best of luck to you and please let us know how you got on.
Northwalesmum

Post by Northwalesmum »

Still nothing Disneydad.

I'll bet it will be late in the day! Avoids any upset parent calls!

How very vexing, hoping to surprise my daughter when she got in form school as I have said we won't know until Monday :/
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now