Good luck next week!

Eleven Plus (11+) in Wirral

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

MrsCh

Good luck next week!

Post by MrsCh »

Good luck at the information evenings and induction days next week!

Such an exciting (and apprehensive) time as they approach the end of Primary. We've already bought some uniform. Starting to feel real now :)
Shazbot79

Re: Good luck next week!

Post by Shazbot79 »

My daughter is so excited to get started! She can't wait for the induction day though I'm sure there'll be some nerves before then. This will all be new for me too as her big brother moved to secondary during lockdown so we missed most of the traditional induction activities. Uniform shopping hopefully pencilled in for this weekend :D
MrsCh

Post by MrsCh »

Ahh, it must have been so difficult for him, Shazbot, missing out on the usual transition/induction process and much more besides. Fingers crossed for this year!

Yes, it's very exciting for us too, 'A' wants to be in a particular house, but knows they are all as good as eachother and there's no difference!

WKGS blazer is beautiful! Holding off buying PE kit for now until we know what house she's allocated, as I realised they have different colours on. Same with languages too, hoping she gets the choice she wanted! Taking the school bus each morning is a big prospect to her! So all change and lots to get used to.
Shazbot79

Post by Shazbot79 »

MrsCh - no need to hold off on buying the PE kit as the new year 7s don't need the house colour anymore! They've changed it slightly this year (I double checked with Cains as I was waiting for a blazer to come in for her brother). B cant wait to get the bus to school; she's been winding her brother up as she'll be on a nice coach and he's on the Happy Als bus :D (though to be fair they have definitely made improvements on the old thing they used to run).

Im the same with the languages - we do have language dictionaries (French and Spanish for her brother) but B has picked German for her first year. Fingers crossed they get what they picked
lizmcp

Post by lizmcp »

DD very excited for induction evening and day (probably not as much as I am). No uniform yet since Blue Coat still have house colours on ties and PE kit, and we won't find out until next week. I have bought her shoes, though.
MrsCh

Post by MrsCh »

Ohh, thanks for the tip, Shazbot79; I didn't realise house colours had been taken off the PE kit now, so that is good news!

Congratulations on the place at Blue Coat, lizmcp, it looks like a fantastic school.

I'm undecided whether to buy 2 blazers - maybe in different sizes :lol: Do either of you have any general experience of school blazers - if it is best to get two?
lizmcp

Post by lizmcp »

I’ll probably just get one blazer to start with, and get it a bit on the large size. My daughter has shot up over the last few months and not sure how much longer this will continue (she’s still 10 and now as tall as me, though I’m not very tall). No experience with secondary uniforms so far.
Shazbot79

Post by Shazbot79 »

So far we've managed with just the one blazer for my son. I know some of the boys have a wash and a wear but my eldest doesn't tend to go for football etc at break times so stays relatively clean. The main issue is getting hem dry after a wash as they can't go in the tumble dryer. Size wise we've always just gone as big as we can without it looking daft - though judging by his growth over the last term I may not be so lucky next year :? (two new pairs of school shoes since Easter :lol:). I'd say go with one for now and pick up another if you need to later on
MrsCh

Post by MrsCh »

Some good tips to consider. Hoping also that A doesn't grow too much more over the holidays! Thank you both X
MrsCh

Post by MrsCh »

Well, that was an informative (and very busy!) induction evening day and transition day!

Roll on September!

Hope everyone enjoyed theirs and Good Luck X
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now