Do the selective private schools provide preparation for 11+

Eleven Plus (11+) in Wirral

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
NotionPotion

Re: Do the selective private schools provide preparation for

Post by NotionPotion »

Wise words Hopeful Den. We all do what we think is the best for our children within the means that we have available and yes, we are so lucky on the Wirral to have such excellent Grammar schools who have all achieved magnificent results in both A level and GCSEs this year!
They all encourage confidence in our children and it's great for them to celebrate as they do with both joy and a touch of modesty too!
3pink

Post by 3pink »

If I won the lottery they'd all stay at BHS it is fantastic, but with more than one or two child you are basically putting your life on hold for the duration of their education which is hard. Or you choose to have less children than you'd like either way it's a sacrifice for the parents beyond the call of duty.
The grammar schools locally are excellent and in truth there is more to life than exam results, I personally have done very well with hardly any to my name.
Maybelle

Post by Maybelle »

NotionPotion wrote:Wise words Hopeful Den. We all do what we think is the best for our children within the means that we have available and yes, we are so lucky on the Wirral to have such excellent Grammar schools who have all achieved magnificent results in both A level and GCSEs this year!
They all encourage confidence in our children and it's great for them to celebrate as they do with both joy and a touch of modesty too!
guest42 wrote:Mind you looking at the A level results I think I would keep them where they are

%A*AB

West Kirby-68%
Wirral Girls-67%
Upton Hall-63%
Wirral Boys-61%
Calday-57%

Birkenhead School-83%!

Yes, You are both so right - The Grammar and Birkenhead School students achieved some outstanding results at A level this year - and Very Well Done to them all, they must all be incredibly proud of their achievements! However, lets not forget the other Independent school here. Namely Birkenhead High School Academy - who are still a member of the GDST family! The GDST A level results were 84% A*AB. BHSA themselves achieved an outstanding 74.2% A*AB (100% 'across the board' pass rate). It is gratifying to know that there is yet another option - for our DD's at least... :)
Inside of every mother is a school girl wondering what the *ell just happened???
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now