When do we get the results of the 11+ in Wirral?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Wirral

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Suey12

When do we get the results of the 11+ in Wirral?

Post by Suey12 »

A lot of people have given me a lot of different answers to this. Some say the 11+ results are only known when we are offered a place at a Grammar school (ie, if DS passes, he will be offered a Grammar place, if he doesn't then he will be offered another school).

Some say the results go to the current primary school headteacher.

I would like to receive the results as soon as possible after 8th December!

Can anyone help?
Thanks in advance
NotionPotion

Post by NotionPotion »

You will not know the result until 1 March 2010 when allocation letters are sent out, however the headteacher will know around about late December.

This is to give her/him the opportunity to appeal for students who may have failed by a few marks but who she can present good academic evidence in support of an appeal to the Independent Assesment board. This is all done without your knowledge. She will also know who has passed but this is in complete confidence.

It seems a long wait but but many of us have been through it. Best of luck to you and your son. This website will keep you going in the long months ahead!
Suey12

Post by Suey12 »

Thanks very much for your reply. It seems such a long time to wait, but that seems to be normal for this whole process!

I need to bury my head into Christmas :shock: and then "look forward" to receiving all the results of exams, school choices etc etc. next year!!!
NotionPotion

Post by NotionPotion »

I know it's a nightmare but you'll be surprised how quicky it comes around. It's mostly the adults that do all the worrying!
3pink

Post by 3pink »

Does anyone know if that is still the case with private schools, that the heads receive the results and are able to appeal ?

TIA
NotionPotion

Post by NotionPotion »

I don't think so as it it done outside of the Local Authority rules and regulations-but I'm sure someone will correct me if this is not the case.