RESULTS

Eleven Plus (11+) in Wirral

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
kelannhugh

Post by kelannhugh »

Hi Sadmum

I think you have nothing to lose in appealing. You are happy with Pensby so accept the place and appeal. You will know then that you have tried. I would ask your headteacher the next steps.

Good Luck

Kelannhugh xx
sadmum

Post by sadmum »

Thanks for your advice, I have parents evening tonight so will see what happens :?
Maybelle

Post by Maybelle »

Hi,
Our DD missed our Grammar choice by 4 points (scored 232). It’s so heart wrenching when so close… Has been allocated to the Academy – which, I have to say, we are still pleased about- as we placed it 2nd choice school – so, effectively, it became first choice – and due to the allocation criteria we had thought it more of a lottery!

DD was so upset to miss out by such a close margin – especially when a bad night and headache meant she didn’t finish the second paper (she was also unable to return to her primary school after the test).

Because it [Academy] was a test (of sorts) we have called it a “passâ€
mumto2

Post by mumto2 »

Well done on getting the Academy. I think you're right to celebrate all the hard work you DD has done.
We are looking at the Academy for our DD currently in yr 5 and who will probably not take the 11 plus. But the selection criteria is a mystery to me - it seems like a total lottery Can you shed any light?
Maybelle

Post by Maybelle »

Many Thanks, mumto2 - and you are so right!
I have sent a pm to answer your query - as it is a tad long winded and I was afraid it would be too much to enter here!?!
Haven't a clue what I am doing, mind - and it almost went to another parent in error! If you don't get it, please do let me know and I will resend.
M xx :)
mom2

hi

Post by mom2 »

Never posted on the site but found it very useful.
I am sorry to hear some of the kids didnt get through.It breaks your heart when it is only by a few marks.
I know the grammar schools are always undersubscribed and i know a kid who joined one of the schools after resitting another exam after the start of year 7 (around december that year).it was a much tougher exam with french and latin,i think - i dont know if that is the norm or not.
it may be worth finding out from the schools itself whether they have a provision for resitting a different exam or any 12+ exam.If there is, you may still have another chance at it.
Good luck
sadmum

Post by sadmum »

Hi

Just to let you know, we found out our appeal was successful today. Thanks for everyones advice. Am not a sadmum anymore!
Suey12

Post by Suey12 »

Oh that's great news!! Your DD must be over the moon?, and you too!

Well done, it was worth trying everything.

Really pleased for you all :D
sadmum

Post by sadmum »

Hiya

Thanks for the lovely message, Its great news, I dont think its sunk in!
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now