Wirral 11+ finishing exam

Eleven Plus (11+) in Wirral

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Newbie but stressed

Post by Newbie but stressed »

Hi Wirral Guest...

Thanks for your posts. Much appreciated..

I am over the moon for you and your daughter. I have heard some wonderful stories about West Kirby Grammar school by a work colleague, who's daughter attends and absolutely loves it. She is a diamond child so polite and well mannered...

It was just too far for my daughter to travel... And we are closer to Wirral Grammar.

NBS
wirral_wombat

Congratulations

Post by wirral_wombat »

Hi NBS...many congratulations....I'm so pleased for you and your daughter. Wirral Grammar Girls is a terrific school....high expectations but lots of opportunities.....(you may feel getting your success letter is the end...but it's actually only the beginning!)

Hi Bebington....hope you get good news soon.
pensby

congratulatios

Post by pensby »

hello NBS,
Just checked to see how your daughter got on(talked to you last week about the letters)I thought I ought to use a name if I'm going to post more regularly.
I know how it feels after all that worry and hope your daughter has a great time at Wirral grammar.
Anyone reading this whose daughter is going to West-Kirby - they will have a great time too,mine is in yr 8 and loves it .

I really hope you and Bebington will carry on posting on here,I will need the help this coming year as my son is doing his 11+ for Caldy in Nov.

Anyway congrats again
Pensby
Bebington

Post by Bebington »

Post just arrived..
Just to let you know and not to drop off the face of the earth my daughter never reached the score required, Now I will compose myself ready for her..
Thank you for your support everyone it has meant alot..
Newbie but stressed

Bebington,

I am so so sorry, this is awful. We shouldn't have to go through this rubbish.

This has been the worst day of my life. Even with my good news I received.

I really don't know what to say, but sorry..

NBS,,
wirral_wombat

Post by wirral_wombat »

Hi Bebington....
Really sorry to hear that your daughter has not made it...but don't despair.
It's important to remember that, although other schools may not look as though they compare with the Grammars on results, there are always individual children who do very well at all the Wirral Schools...if your daughter has the ability and motivation, with your support she will do well whichever school she goes to
pensby

Post by pensby »

Bebington,
Really sorry,only saw you news after I posted my message,hope you and your daughter are okay--
pensby
Bebington

Post by Bebington »

Don't be sorry Its happened for a reason, I really wouldn't want her to struggle through a school, I would rather she was not out of her depth.
Yes its hard but she has a good head on her shoulders and I believe that with her attitude towards learning she will do well in the school she has been offered.
Please don't all be afraid to post your results because of us who didn't pass because if we had I would have been singing from the roof tops!
For those who still don't know good luck and I hope you get your choice.
wirralguest

Post by wirralguest »

Bebington,

So sorry to hear your news. Life's rubbish sometimes. Your daughter will be fine, don't worry as I can see that she has great parental support. Give her a big cuddle and lots of tlc. Take care of yourself too.
Newbie but stressed

Bebington,

I know it's is bit too early for this but before you sign off. Over the weekend look at the appeal thread and see what your options are.

You have nothing to lose appealing. Etienne is an ex- appeal Panel Member and will answer your problems or questions..

Personally I was going to appeal if she didn't pass as I knew in my heart she was more than capable. Until you posted about other children missing questions I had all but given up and read the appeal thread each day.

Speak to your Headteacher and get her/his thoughts about the appeal.. Get a report for your daughter from her/him.

Don't take it as over, a Friend appealed last year and was successful purely on academic reasons...

It's stressful but worth the effort.

I wish you all the luck in the world..

NBS
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now