Wirral 11+ finishing exam

Eleven Plus (11+) in Wirral

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Newbie but stressed

Wirral 11+ finishing exam

Post by Newbie but stressed »

Spark up the wirral group

I'd be interested to know if any kids failed to finish the wirral 11+ tests in Nov, Dec.

on some of the other groups I have been reading some have missed many questions an still offered passed and offered a place.

This gives me some hope as my daughter did not finish the first exam due to timing and missed about 5 questions, She managed to finish the second test with about 10 minutes to spare to check over any unsure about.

The first test and the 5 missed questions really has dashed my hopes of a pass. However in some way it has prepared me for the worse.

Did any other children miss many questions out due to time problems ..?

NBS
Bebington

Post by Bebington »

Hi there..

We have only just found this site as I'm sat here googling anything to do with 11 plus results in the vain hope that I will read on some website my child has passed her 11 plus! It's not going to happen!
Just 24 hrs to wait!!!

I see from this topic you were and are worried about your daughter not completing her first exam (the hard one) I think you will find your daughter was by no means alone on this, every single child came out of my daughters class saying it was difficult bar 1 child! Tutor seems to think that 1 should be the one worrying.. Also about 80% of the class didn't finish all the questions and of those who did like my daughter said they had to guess the last few as they were out of time.
She confirmed that the second test was very easy so hopefully they will find a happy medium which will allow a pass..

Please don't worry to much what ever will be, will be, there is nothing we can do about it now.. My thoughts are with you all..
wirralguest

Post by wirralguest »

Hi,

I just wanted to add that my daughter also didn't complete the first paper and missed about 5 questions. I was gutted to be honest and tried to emphasise to her the importance of finishing the paper and guessing answers towards the end if she wasn't sure. She fared better in the second paper and did complete it in time so I really don't know which way it's going to go.

To be honest I'll be glad when tomorrow's over and we can all move on from this!
Newbie but stressed

Hi Bebington

thanks for the comforting post. I thought my daughter would have problems because of missing 5 out.

Some of her friends said the first exam was easy which scared me to death and completed.. She found the second exam easy with about 10 minutes to check over her work..

Oh well we will soon know tomorrow...

Good luck to everyone..

NBS
wirralguest

Post by wirralguest »

Hi NBS,

Just wanted to let you know that I've just received my letter and my daughter's passed, even though she didn't complete the first paper as I mentioned earlier. I hope that gives you some encouragement. Good luck!
Bebington

Post by Bebington »

Congratulations!!!

I bet your really over the moon!
What month is her birthday? Sorry just still waiting here..
Well done to your daughter!!!
wirralguest

Post by wirralguest »

Thank you. Yes you're right, I'm absolutely ecstatic! She'll be going to West Kirby grammar as I was hoping.

Her birthday's in June. What school have you put down as first choice?

The very best of luck, I hope the post comes soon for you.
Newbie but stressed

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!

She's in 262

Thank you Lord Thank you Lord!!!!!!!

More later have to phone my parents....
Bebington

Post by Bebington »

CONGRATULATION!!!!!!!!
I'm so made up for you after all that worry..
Tell your daughter well done from me!
Still waiting here..
Newbie But stressed

Post by Newbie But stressed »

Hi Bebington.,

I'm not very religious but have said a quiet prayer for you.

My heart sunk when I was passed the letter by the postman. It was very thin and I just felt it was bad news...

Think the postman must have heard the screams down the street...

Come on Bebington we are all rooting for you...

NBS