Mike Please help. Thanks

Eleven Plus (11+) in Wirral

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Wish Upon A Star

Mike Please help. Thanks

Post by Wish Upon A Star »

Hi Mike,
Re. your earlier posting to Patricia.

My child sat his first Wirral 11+ last Tuesday, and found it OK, infact he said it was a little easier than the school Practice papers.My son did actually say though,that one or two question types were un-familar to him, but he gave them all a go anyway.

Re. question types H K N S & I O. What actually are these question types please??

May I please ask if you would be good enough to post an example of each type {with the anwers}, particularly of I and O which you suggest may appear on the second paper.

My son has been prepared with me at home with a variety of V/R question types anyway {not just NFER}, so hopefully, he'll manage the second paper OK too.

However, I would be very grateful of your last minute help please, just to put my mind at rest!! :roll:

Thanks Mike,
Regards,
W U A S
Mike Edwards

Post by Mike Edwards »

Hello WUAP

'I' questions

2 + 3 = 4 + ( ? ) answer 1

6 x 8 + 10 = 7 x 9 - ( ? ) answer 5

A good knowledge of times table and basic arithmetic should get him through. There is no need to know BODMAS for these questions as they can all be worked out from left to right.

'O' questions

(parent rap) (racing car)
(raffle [ ? ] )

Each set of words are made up in the same way, the answer is 'far'.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Mike
Wish Upon A Star

Thank you so much Mike

Thank you SO much Mike for your helpful ansd speedy reply.

Think we are still on track with question types I and O {?} :roll:

May I please be a complete pain and ask for examples of H K N & S too ?

{Oh dear...I bet you are thinking I'm a classic parent who is suffering from last minute nerves. Well...I can tell you you would be right! Just not letting that side of me show to my 'chilled out' child....well he's chilled today anyway}!

Cheers Mike and thanks again,

W U A S
Mike Edwards

Post by Mike Edwards »

Hello WUAS

'H' words most opposite in meaning

simple grand
sample difficult
stand easy

answer: simple difficult

'K' questions

four words are given with three number codes, the codes are not written in the same order as the words.

HELP HOPE POLE HERO
1253 4362 4351

What is the code for HOPE ? 4213
What is the word for 131136 ? pepper
What is the code for PEOPLE ? 132153

'N' questions

6 (9) 3 5 (12) 7
8 ( ? ) 9
Each set of numbers is made up in the same way, find the missing number. Answer 17

'S' questions

Choose one word from the list that will go equally well with both pairs of words.

POST PAST KIND MAKE GIRL

(mail letter) (pole stake)

Answer POST

The best source for these types of questions is IPS. There were packs in Linghams last week.

Regards

Mike
Wish Upon A Star

You're a Star!

Thanks again Mike.

You have put my mind at rest now!

My son has worked his way through some IPS VR sheets over the Summer, so I'll take a look through them again with him for a bit of last minute revision.

You're a star getting back so quickly. No wonder your business has a wonderful local reputation.

Regards,
W U A S :D