really worried

Eleven Plus (11+) in Wirral

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
hermanmunster

Re: really worried

Post by hermanmunster »

You could ask...... but might be worth waiting a few days yet - doesn't sound as though all the schools have the info yet.

Sometimes you get people applying from a very long way away and off course you can't ask there head teachers to meet as a panel etc - they may draw the line at a certain distance and then treat OOC schools differently.
frantic!

Post by frantic! »

So if your child does not pass it will be down to the wire for you to sort out your choices form in time for 31 October. As if it wasn't stressful enough! I suspect schools will have results this week, but will not divulge them. Authorities will post them on 19th October so that half term prevents schools from being bombarded with queries.
Bati

Post by Bati »

primary schools are not aloud to tell us results but they can say if they have recieved them
the panel has head teachers from out of county grammar schools. the primary head teachers dont go they just send appropriate information
this is why i am worried - if my dd primary school have not recieved the results how will they know if they need to send appropriate information about any children in time for the panel meeting - surly the panel meeting will be start of next week at the latest as the end of next week is when results are sent to parents. The results will say if your child was discussed at the panel and the panals decision
dont get me wrong my dd might have passed an not need to be discussed but if she hasnt then i am worried that her school have not got any results yet for them to get involved iyswim
Tudorblue

Post by Tudorblue »

Bati wrote:tuderblue if you go onto wirral grammar girls school website, then into admission, click full discription of the process - read from 4.6
in 4.8 it clearly says the board meets before parents get the results - this board is after primary schools are given the results

That is what my ds head teacher said when we asked on Tuesday wether she was just fobbing us off I don't no there are about two boys and two girls that did 11 plus from his school
Bati

Post by Bati »

are you also out of area
miggi

Post by miggi »

Hi, We live in catchment of Wirral Grammar and as such nearly all of Yr6 take the entrance exam. I spoke to the head briefly on Monday who said they still had not received the results, and asked the secretary yesterday, who said the same. I don't think we're being fobbed off, I think none of the schools have received the marks yet. Hope that reassures you a little. I have boy/girl twins and the wait is killing me......
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

thanks miggi - sounds like the scores have been delayed getting to the schools, just have to hang on a bit longer
Tudorblue

Post by Tudorblue »

Bati wrote:are you also out of area

We live in Leasowe so is that classed out of area we were hoping for caldy school
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now