Not long to wait for results now

Eleven Plus (11+) in Wirral

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Newbie But Stressed

Re: Not long to wait for results now

Post by Newbie But Stressed »

oh ok!! I think I may have done this but can't remember.

Fingers crossed. Thanks

BTW

Anyone who's DS or DD has passed for St Anselms or Upton shouldn't be worried. I personally think these schools are Fantastic Schools. I wish I was in your position.

I kept my DS away from St Alselms tests as it was the day before the 11+ exam and felt it was too much for him. Whether it was the right choice only time will tell.I Wish the test was the week before 11+.

my DD goes to WGSG and is now in 6th form and loves the school but Upton would have been Welcomed had she not passed.

your Children will have top class education at either of these schools.
Wirralian

Post by Wirralian »

Newbie But Stressed wrote:oh ok!! I think I may have done this but can't remember.

Fingers crossed. Thanks

BTW

Anyone who's DS or DD has passed for St Anselms or Upton shouldn't be worried. I personally think these schools are Fantastic Schools. I wish I was in your position.

I kept my DS away from St Alselms tests as it was the day before the 11+ exam and felt it was too much for him. Whether it was the right choice only time will tell.I Wish the test was the week before 11+.

my DD goes to WGSG and is now in 6th form and loves the school but Upton would have been Welcomed had she not passed.

your Children will have top class education at either of these schools.
I completely agree with you, what a great position to be in! People should be in celebratory mood purely for achieving a place at St. Anselm's or Upton, irrespective of impending 11+ results for entrance to other schools. Rejoice, I tell you!
miggi

Post by miggi »

Be honest now, are you going to open the email/ letter ahead of your DCs? I thought I would on the grounds that I have twins and feel I need to prepare myself first. (Not sure how well we will deal with it if only one passes.) Any advice from you old hands much appreciated!!
Tudorblue

Post by Tudorblue »

Yes I will be opening the email just in case he doesn't pass to be prepared, and I wouldn't be able to wait till he got home from school feel like we've been waiting for ever :lol:
Bati

Post by Bati »

we really liked upton hall however there is no school bus from our area and for her travel by public transport it will mean her catching 2 buses starting from 7.10am which i am not keen on so i think if she ends up at upton hall then i will have to take her which will not be easy as i have 3 other children to get to school and the cost of petrol will be a nightmare so really hoping she passess the wirral. There is a school bus for wirral grammar and west kirby from here
dd has asked if she can open the letter 1st - i will let her do this, as she doesnt know i will be getting an email with the results before hand :D It will also give me time to rave about upton hall if the news is not good
debs2028

Post by debs2028 »

That's a good idea ....my ds knows there will be an email as although there are no other boys who took the 11 plus there are some girls who have told him when result is
Debs
debs2028

Post by debs2028 »

miggi wrote:Be honest now, are you going to open the email/ letter ahead of your DCs? I thought I would on the grounds that I have twins and feel I need to prepare myself first. (Not sure how well we will deal with it if only one passes.) Any advice from you old hands much appreciated!!
I also have twins but with being out of area it never really occurred for me to put them in for 11 plus. Really hate to think how I would have reacted in your position. Are they both the same sex or boy and girl . I say this because I think it would be easier to send the opposite sex to a different school. Mine are non identical twin boys but they are 19 now and both at uni( different ones)
What I can say is that it is very difficult to deal with the disappointment if one does better than the other.Hopefully your twins will pass. If not encouraging them to do well in whatever school they go to can reep great results
Sorry not much help really sorry
Debs
Bati

Post by Bati »

just had to laugh
went to pick dd up from school and the receptionist said to me that they have had an email saying that we still have not applied for high school :roll:
my reply was I cant till i have the 11+ results
to which she said yer we thought it might be that
3 sleeps to go
clarek26

Post by clarek26 »

Hi Everyone :)

I am getting a little anxious now about these results, I notice that some of you have had an email to say that results will be emailed to you on Friday....I also gave my email address when we applied but I havent heard anything, has anyone else experienced this ? I know it won't change the result but I think my son and I would prefer to know before the weekend!

Thanks Guys
miggi

Post by miggi »

I wonder if the emails are being sent alphabetically? My friends surname begins with R and she has not received her email yet.

Debs- my twins are boy/ girl and highly competative, but thank you for your words. I hadn't considered how much harder it would be if they were same sex, so it has helped me put it back into some sort of perspective. I will be opening the emails ahead of them though so at least I can hopefully say the right things when the time comes. I've told them I will not be going to the school with the results though, so that they don't keep looking at the door each time it opens. In reality if they both pass I may go and tell them.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now