Just Received Our results`

Eleven Plus (11+) in Wirral

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Newbie But Stressed

Re: Just Received Our results`

Post by Newbie But Stressed »

Tudorblue wrote:We spoke to my ds head teacher and she said she has sent off for appeal for him last week, he did get level 5 for maths in year 5, does anybody no what the appeal process entails :?:

Check out link

http://www.wirral.gov.uk/downloads/3501" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

and the form

http://www.wirral.gov.uk/downloads/3502" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

People on here who have appealed will help. Don't Panic you have lots of time to get prepared.
Tudorblue

Post by Tudorblue »

It's says on the letter outcome of assessment board then it's says grammar what does that mean ?
Bati

Post by Bati »

dont hold me to this but i would think that the assessment board is basically saying he is able to go to grammar which means his fail has turned into a pass
can you put down exactly what it says on here as i am sure other people will have more of an idea than me
also phone the wirral council on monday and ask them
Newbie But Stressed

Yes please provide more information

in the meantime take a look at this QA (which is very thorough)

http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/appeals" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Do not be intimidated by it all take your time and read through
Mac70

Post by Mac70 »

Newbie But Stressed wrote:
Tudorblue wrote:congratulations to everyone that passed my ds got two under the pass mark really gutted :cry:

There is definitely a case to appeal here. My friend appealed a few years back and was successful.

You should consider this, you have nothing to lose.
Definately appeal,you must do this between March 1st and 20th 2013 and tell him to keep on working hard between now and March to impress teachers and Head etc as it makes for a stronger case.
Mac70

Post by Mac70 »

Just got my daughters 11+ result and she just scraped in with a 237 even though she was ill that week. She didn't pass Upton but passed 11+ and all things considered we are pleased. We may still appeal for Upton as it's the closest to us and academically there isn't much between Upton & West Kirby. Congrats to all who passed and for those that didn't don't give up and make sure you appeal !!!!!!
Tudorblue

Post by Tudorblue »

Hi thanks for all support it says on the letter

Total score                                                                                   234
Required Grammar school standard                                        236
Referral to Independent Assessment Board                            Yes
Outcome of Independent Assessment Board                                               Grammar

Note that referral to the Independent Assessment Board is at the discretion of the primary school headteacher.

What do you think ?
Mac70

Post by Mac70 »

Go for it,you owe it to your child to give it a shot and make an appointment to speak to your Head,don't just have a word in the playground. It carries far more weight if you are sitting opposite him/her in their office !!
Bati

Post by Bati »

Tuderblue going on that i would say that they have changed it to a pass :D it definately looks that way

Mac70 my dd passed upton and wirral - wirral score was higher. I have heard of a few now that failed upton but passed wirral. I was under the impression that upton was ment to be easier - obviously not its looks like its the other way round
Newbie But Stressed

I agree with Bati and it does look like this has been referred to IAB by the Head who have then deemed this is accepted for Grammar school Standard.

Best if you call to discuss with them on Monday to clarify this before sending preference form.

Mainstream Admissions team
Wirral Council
0151 606 2020

Let us know how it goes. I hope this is correct..