Just Received Our results`

Eleven Plus (11+) in Wirral

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
KatieC

Re: Just Received Our results`

Post by KatieC »

LBwirral wrote:Can anyone help we have received our post but no 11+ results just letter from St Anselms.... still no email either.
Post with results will arrive on Monday, as they were posted on Friday the same time as the emails went out.
LBwirral

Post by LBwirral »

Thanks for reply I have been going mad my email address has the letter o in it and i think that they have used the number Zero so have not received the email :-(
debs2028

Post by debs2028 »

I see I am not the only one that did not get email ...but they should not have got mine wrong as I had a message earlier in the week and had also rung earlier to check they had the right email?

On a positive note I am one sitting sunning myself by a pool with ds swimming in pool bliss and well needed after yesterday.
KatieC

Post by KatieC »

debs2028 wrote:I see I am not the only one that did not get email ...but they should not have got mine wrong as I had a message earlier in the week and had also rung earlier to check they had the right email?

On a positive note I am one sitting sunning myself by a pool with ds swimming in pool bliss and well needed after yesterday.
What a fiasco this has turned into. I wonder if the administrators would pass the 11-Plus!! The new system is geared towards people who have Internet connection or smartphones. I thought the 11-Plus was aimed at helping bright children from disadvantaged homes. I know many people who do not have Internet access due to financial reasons or because they have simply got a life out there.
Mac70

Post by Mac70 »

I keep hearing of kids passing 11+ but failing Upton Hall's test and what do we all have in common.......we are not catholic.........hope i'm wrong but does seem a bit of a coincidence.
Nove

Post by Nove »

Hi Mac - we are Catholic and my daughter failed Upton. So I don't think it is anything like that. But I do think Upton may have cocked up the standardisation calculation - see my other thread.
debs2028

Post by debs2028 »

Mac70 wrote:I keep hearing of kids passing 11+ but failing Upton Hall's test and what do we all have in common.......we are not catholic.........hope i'm wrong but does seem a bit of a coincidence.
Do not think this is true either, 4 friends children took the exam 3 passed 2 of whome were catholic and 1 not. The one that failed was catholic. They all did better on paper 2 though do not know marks. Do not of course know whether the standardisation has been done correctly but do know they got far higher scores in wirral exam which they felt was a lot harder exam to sit
Debs
debs2028

Post by debs2028 »

Emailed this morning and they have sent back result and my son has passed ...273 we are in shock . Now the wait to see if we get a grammar on distance !!!!!
Debs
Bati

Post by Bati »

Fantastic news, congratulations to your ds
we are also waiting to see if we get in on distance but the more passess i hear about the more i think we have no chance, we are 7.1 miles away :(
KatieC

Post by KatieC »

Bati wrote:Fantastic news, congratulations to your ds
we are also waiting to see if we get in on distance but the more passess i hear about the more i think we have no chance, we are 7.1 miles away :(
I don't think you will have any problem. The last student accepted for WGSB last year was 8.5 miles away I think - check the Wirral website of school details to confirm this. CGGS has a bus bringing pupils from New Brighton, which is 9 miles away and another bus from Chester and N.Wales, which is even further.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now