Does anyone know

Eleven Plus (11+) in Wirral

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Bati

Does anyone know

Post by Bati »

Does anyone know if we are able to find out how many children have passed the 11+ this year and last year
I am just thinking with this information i maybe able to work out dd chances of getting our 1st preference school
I thought i would relax after getting results for the 11+ but Oh no, now i am stressing about whether we live close enough :(
Newbie But Stressed

Re: Does anyone know

Post by Newbie But Stressed »

I don't want to worry you Bati. But speaking with a teacher more kids have done 11+ this year.

Particulary my DS School which is a stones throw from WGS.

I thought around 10 People took it but upon speaking to my DS yesterday he thinks around 50+ kids.

All of his close friends passed. I'm waiting for his last Friend to receive his letter today (he was not even tutored) and If he passes I will be Very happy but obviously concerned on the level of passes.

I really don't know the situation but would expect the catchment area to be lowered.

When my DD took 11+ I knew quite a few who missed the mark. I don't know any one as yet.

I'm actually even thinking have they screwed up the Marking this year...Getting very paranoid about it all.

It seems very strange for sure.
Bati

Post by Bati »

I am really worried as there seems to be an awful lot of children who have passed
I was wondering if you now needed a lower score to meet the 236 standardised pass mark.
It also seems weird that upton hall exams are ment to be easier but there is alot of girls who failed that but passed the wirral 11+
our preference is wirral and west kirby as there is a school bus from here and i was working on she should definatley get one of those but now i am not so sure
Wirralian

Post by Wirralian »

Bati wrote:I am really worried as there seems to be an awful lot of children who have passed
I was wondering if you now needed a lower score to meet the 236 standardised pass mark.
It also seems weird that upton hall exams are ment to be easier but there is alot of girls who failed that but passed the wirral 11+
our preference is wirral and west kirby as there is a school bus from here and i was working on she should definatley get one of those but now i am not so sure
I think there will be a lot of people appealing this time round. It's all very strange, as it was my understanding that the birth rate had actually dropped, which theoretically would mean less pressure on grammar school places.
Bati

Post by Bati »

i have emailed them asking for number of girls who passed last year and number of girls who have passed this yr
i instantly got an automatic email back stating they have recieved my email and it can take upto 10 working days to get a reply :(
i might phone them
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now