Wirral Girls Oversubscription

Eleven Plus (11+) in Wirral

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
fazzie

Wirral Girls Oversubscription

Post by fazzie »

Our DD has unfortunately not got into Wirral Girls - we live 9.227 miles (as the crow flies) & are out of catchment - currently on waiting list & planning to appeal. Not being very successful at finding out furthest allocation for the available spaces - can anyone who got a place please advise how far away they live, so it might give us some idea of where we might sit on the waiting list? Many thanks for your help - we are just a little bit devastated.
Bati

Re: Wirral Girls Oversubscription

Post by Bati »

Sorry to hear your daughter didnt get in to the wirral grammar
Have you phoned the school or wirral lea and asked them about the distance it went to, they might be able to tell you.
My daughter has got in and we live 7.1 miles away, I have heard of another who lives 7.6 miles away.
Last year (sept 2012 entry) the girls wirral grammar allocation distance went to 7.93 miles
Hope this helps, good luck with your appeal
JoanneK

Re: Wirral Girls Oversubscription

Post by JoanneK »

Thanks for your post, Bati - I'm mum to DD & we now know that furthest away (via closest walking route) is c9.2 miles & we are c11.2 miles away. Apparently very few girls failed to get in so we are on reallocation list (which gets first dibs at available places pre appeals process, I am led to believe) & we will also appeal.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now