Help on possible Head Teacher referral

Eleven Plus (11+) in Wirral

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
ljc7

Help on possible Head Teacher referral

Post by ljc7 »

We live in North Wales, and DS sat the first exam today. He's usually got between 84 and 96 % in test papers and got 77 and 76 out of 80 last weeks on the mock papers. He found today much more tricky and is feeling very down. Our head teacher here knows nothing about the system for referral for borderline marks etc. Can anyone tell me what the IAB is and what I can tell him about what to do? DS did fantastically in yr 5 sats and has literacy and spelling age etc of 16.

Many thanks

Lucy
Christy1

Re: Help on possible Head Teacher referral

Post by Christy1 »

Hi Lucy
Unfortunately I can't answer your question about IAB however was wondering how you know what marks he scored on last weeks practice papers?
Etienne

Post by Etienne »

The IAB would be their version of a 'review'.

Reviews are explained in general terms here:
http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/appeal ... cation#b18" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Etienne
ljc7

Post by ljc7 »

Many thanks!!

For the mocks last week , they marked them at the time. DS got 77/80 and 76/80 which equate to 95 and 96 %
RiverDee

Post by RiverDee »

Hi Lucy,
I am intrigued. Did your son take the test at Wirral Grammar? My son sat there too but we haven't had any feedback or marked papers!
Dee
ljc7

Post by ljc7 »

I'm both hugely shocked and apologetic.....DS has told us both a web of lies about this. I just confronted him about the replies I've had here, and he said no, it wasn't marked. What on earth was he thinking he'd achieve??? I'm angry but not want to make a big deal the night before his final exam!! Sorry to anyone I've mislead :oops:
debs2028

Post by debs2028 »

Lucy I think they do mark some of them , I am sure my friend said they marked about 40 of the questioned themselves in mock , but don't quote me on that !!!!!
ljc7

Post by ljc7 »

I think he also said that they marked a few, but by then I was busy lecturing him on the pitfalls of creating a web of lies!! This isn't like him so in just putting it down to nerves. He's really tearful and being quite aggressive to his younger brothers. Oh well, by this time tomorrow it'll be all done bar the results and appeals etc :roll:
RiverDee

Post by RiverDee »

Best of luck for tomorrow. My DS is so looking forward to it being over. Mostly for a promised trip to the Lego shop after school! :D
ljc7

Post by ljc7 »

How did your DS get on Dee? Mine was much much happier today thank goodness.....just a waiting game now!
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now