Missed By two Marks

Eleven Plus (11+) in Wirral

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

sadmum

Re: Missed By two Marks

Post by sadmum »

Hi

My son missed out on a few marks, he passed the first paper, he again expected to fly through it. I think we may appeal, as we have been here before three years ago. Its so stressful but you have to do it for your children, otherwise you will wonder what if. Lets all support each other through this and wait for March.
Tyra

Post by Tyra »

Hi Charlie100, I would have thought you will get offered a place at St Anselms if he has passed! Unless they have lots of Catholics passing but have not heard of anyone passing and not getting offered a place! Don't think they can be seen to be discriminating now!! Who knows! Is it Caldy that you prefer or Wirral Boys?

Thank you for the information regarding your nieces! My friend had to appeal three years ago her daughter missed it by six she was only one in class that had failed, but had good SATs and she got in. She was in primary with my eldest they both in year 10 now and doing very well!! It's so hard, my youngest was expected to fly it and had complete meltdown! She had to go to the school to sit it as they don't do it in her primary school and her nerves just got the better of her, although she didn't tell me this until yesterday as she didn't want me or anyone else to think she was silly for being nervous! I could have cried again! I wish to god she had told me that day then I could have had it noted!! Still these things are sent to try us!! It's awful but am so glad there are people on here who we can chat to! Let's hope we are all successful :)
Tyra

Post by Tyra »

Hi Sadmum

Sorry to hear about your son! How did you get on last time? Was it an awful experience? What school are you wanting? :)
sadmum

Post by sadmum »

Hi Tyra

Am glad to say we were successful, my daughter had done well on one paper and missed out on 5 marks, she was referred by the head also but no joy, we had full backing from the school. It was so scary, but it went well, she is now in year 10 in WKGS and doing excellent. It was the best decision we made, because she loves the school, it really suits her. PM if you need any more info.
Tyra

Post by Tyra »

Hi Sadmum,

What a small world the Wirral is, my daughter is in Year 10 also at West Kirby! She got through fine! Thought youngest was gonna be fine school convinced to! I seem to have been in some sort of weird world this week! Trying to get back to normal! Does it get easier as the weeks go on? I can't believe we have to wait until March! They will know where everybody is going in next couple of weeks! Even our head thinks the system sucks!!! :(
sadmum

Post by sadmum »

Hiya

It is a small world, I know what you mean about this week, am starting to feel normal again., it's been horrible this week. It's different this time round because we have to wait nearly five months, before we found out the results in March and the appeal was April so not long to wait. This system does suck.
Charlie100

Post by Charlie100 »

Hi
It's good to hear others are in the same position and hopefully we can share experiences and support each other through the next few months. Does seem ludicrous that there is such a long wait but still glad we know results before completing CAF.
We are looking at Calday rather than Wirral as it's closer. My son scored higher on second paper, he said he was very nervous on the first and ran out of time which is really unlike him. Will let you know how we get on with head teacher.
wirralmum1

Post by wirralmum1 »

Hi , my son passed the first paper ( which he thought was the harder one ) and missed second paper by four marks . I only found out this week that he panicked half way through the second !!! ... Too much pressure at such a young age . I agree what an awful week but keep telling myself it will all work out in the end and trying to keep smiling so he doesn't think I am disappointed in him, quite the opposite, so proud of him :)
Tyra

Post by Tyra »

Hi all,

Hope you and your DC have all been okay today going back to school! DD had a good old wobble this morning when she got to school! Everybody talking about scores and she lost plot god love her!! Teachers have been fantastic and she came home seeming happier has a good group of friends looking after her! Have not left house just in case she needed me! Think today has been harder than last Monday! Hope you guys have had as normal a day as poss xx :)
sadmum

Post by sadmum »

Hiya

My son was nervous this morning but came home happy, he was glad the day was over. He said a lot of his friends did not pass. I was worrying all day, but did not need to , he is so strong and positive and said 'what will be will be'. Now to complete the form.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now