Writing on the question paper & other Wirral rules

Eleven Plus (11+) in Wirral

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

wkmum

Writing on the question paper & other Wirral rules

Post by wkmum »

Can anyone shed any light on whether children are allowed to work things out on the question paper (my son is used to doing this now)?

Also, are there any other rules which might throw us at this stage?

What about help with timing - are they told when they are half way through and then 5 or 2 minutes to go?
Appeal Mum

Post by Appeal Mum »

Hi there wkmum,

My daughter confirmed you can write on the question booklet.

She thinks they had a half way warning and she knows for sure they had a last minute warning.

I wish you all the best..

AM
tracey anne

Post by tracey anne »

Your child will be lucky if they are able to write on the question paper. My child was told not to but forgot and got the paper taken away from her half way through the test!
Appeal Mum

Post by Appeal Mum »

Tracyanne,

I'm shocked to hear this as I know my daughter and others in her class used the question booklet to do their working out.

Where did your child sit the exam? Primary or Grammar?

wkmum, In light of this comment I suggest you contact someone where your child is actually sitting the test for confirmation.

Can anybody else remember if their child marked the booklet also last year?

AM
Appeal Mum

Post by Appeal Mum »

TracyAnne,

What happened to your daughter?

Was she allowed to complete the exam or was she disqualified?

And this was in Wirral?

Sorry for being nosey, just very concerned now as it sounds like there is conflicting stories.
Not to mention different rules for different children.. :shock:

AM
Appeal Mum

Post by Appeal Mum »

I have just received a PM from someone pointing out Tracyanne is from Bexley not Wirral.

Bexley is a totally different exam format. While they may not be able to mark papers here on Wirral it is allowed.

Sorry for any confusion, although I think it only confused me.. :?

AM
STRESSED DAD

RULES FOR WIRRAL 11+

Post by STRESSED DAD »

HI EVERYONE
ACCORDING TO MY DAUGHTERS SCHOOL YOUR ARE ALLOWED TO WRITE ON THE QUESTION PAPER,WORKING OUT PAPER IS ALSO PROVIDED.TIMING REMINDERS ARE STRICTLY START,25 MINS,5MINS,STOP WRITING.I URGE YOU TO CHECK WITH WHERE YOUR CHILD IS TAKING THE EXAM TO MAKE SURE YOU KNOW EXACTLY WHAT TO EXPECT.
THANKS TO EVERYONE WHO RESPONDED TO MY PREVIOUS POST FOR THEIR SUPPORT AT A DIFFICULT TIME.BUT NOT LONG TO GO NOW.
wkmum

Post by wkmum »

Thanks for the responses - I thought I remembered reading it was a problem someone had reported but looks OK for Wirral. However, I think I might get him to do a practice anyway without marking on the booklet but using the working out sheet - just in case!

I think teachers come in to oversee the test from other schools & there's always scope for inconsistencies of approach (especially in Wirral!)
traceyanne2

Post by traceyanne2 »

Sorry to worry mums and dads in Wirral. I am in fact from Bexley (just like to look around the rest of the forum in case theres anything interesting going on!) It was more to make the point to definately check your rules in your area. My daghter was given a fresh paper to carry on with but was quite flustered by all the fuss.