2nd Practice Test

Eleven Plus (11+) in Wirral

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

wirralnumbers

BIRKENHEAD HIGH REFUGEES

Post by wirralnumbers »

I can confirm the figure of 25. Some of these are undecided about whether they are leaving prior to the Academy (aka turning into comprehensive) so are simply keeping their options open or are really aiming for Birkenhead now it is co-ed and may not take a grammar school place anyway.

And of course the 25 is split amongst the 3 grammar schools. I would guess the split is West Kirby 5 Upton Hall 5 Wirral 15
NotionPotion

Post by NotionPotion »

OK. Thanks.
Let's hope that those who pass and decide not take up posts inform the LEA immediately so that those who really want them can know where they are at.
wirralnumbers

WIRRAL NUMBERS

Post by wirralnumbers »

Notionpotion

The other thing to bear in mind is that because that this is the 1st year that schools can't include 1st preference in their selection criteria (because it's been made illegal to do so) lots of people are doubling up this year. So in our case Wirral is the 2nd choice fallback if we can't get Upton Hall and we have friends who are doing it the other way round.

So not all the girls in the Wirral Grammar hall doing the exam have Wirral as their 1st choice.
Appeal Mum

Post by Appeal Mum »

Hi wirralnumbers,

Welcome!

This isn't the first year that schools cannot take first preference as a criteria, it was the same case last year too.
It just means children cannot be penalised against for taking the 11+ and putting a grammar first.
I don't know if it was the case the year before last, but I know for certain schools could not discriminate against us for not putting them first last year.

You will however only get one offer, that offer will be from the school you placed highest on the preference form and met there criteria.

Good Luck tomorrow..

AM