Liverpool Blue coat 11 plus results

Eleven Plus (11+) in Wirral

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

srav123

Liverpool Blue coat 11 plus results

Post by srav123 »

Hi

My ds has been placed in group B (181-220). Does anyone know if its worth putting the school on the form? I understand no one knows until allocations. But I am keen to hear if someone has any experience with Blue coat results.

Thanks
lambanana

Re: Liverpool Blue coat 11 plus results

Post by lambanana »

Yes well done, B is very good, if you want her to go there is for sure worth putting as first choice . I believe that all the group B's who wanted to go were offered a place last year, including my friend's daughter. There are always individuals from the A group that are offered Bluecoat places but dont take them up, for different reasons, so I think that B group is worth a shot if you put it as your first preference. My friend agonised over the choice as she didn't want to waste a preference and jeopardise her chance of Belevere Acadamy by putting it second. But it all worked out ok for her and she is glad she took the risk. She put Bluecoat first and Belevere second.
HTH. Good luck.
srav123

Post by srav123 »

lambanana wrote:Yes well done, B is very good, if you want her to go there is for sure worth putting as first choice . I believe that all the group B's who wanted to go were offered a place last year, including my friend's daughter. There are always individuals from the A group that are offered Bluecoat places but dont take them up, for different reasons, so I think that B group is worth a shot if you put it as your first preference. My friend agonised over the choice as she didn't want to waste a preference and jeopardise her chance of Belevere Acadamy by putting it second. But it all worked out ok for her and she is glad she took the risk. She put Bluecoat first and Belevere second.
HTH. Good luck.
Hi Lambanana

Many thanks for this. I am going to put it as my first preference. I wasn't sure as Group B has 39 children. My ds liked Blue Coat fingers crossed for us now.

Thanks
srav123

Post by srav123 »

Hi All

My ds has been allocated Blue Coat (he was in Band B). Hope this helps parents decide in future years.

Thanks
EgyptianMummy

Post by EgyptianMummy »

Does anyone know where the cut-off point between Group A and Group B is this year for Liverpool Blue Coat? Ds scored 346 and has been placed in Group B, but according to this: https://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/schoo ... ol-11-plus" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; this score would have put him in Group A previous years. Would be good to be able to assess our chances of getting offered a place. Grateful for any info. For instance, does anyone know what the minimum score for Group A was this year? Thanks.
Jonnyfingers

Post by Jonnyfingers »

Dd scored 383 and got group A, not sure that will help you much with the lower end of the band but I suspect your child’s score was close to it.
One thing I wonder about, they offer the top 180 scores guaranteed places, but what would happen if those 180 were all the same sex? Unlikely, I know, but not impossible. Does anyone know if there is any mechanism to ensure that there is a balance of boys and girls or is it purely down to the scores, irrespective of gender?
grm

Post by grm »

Does anyone think 347 B group would get in? Thanks
Jonnyfingers

Post by Jonnyfingers »

From what I understand, I’d be very surprised if your child didn’t get in with a group B score like that. Historically, there’s always been at least a few from group A who don’t take up their place. We’re not even certain we’ll take our child’s.
lfc_daddy

Post by lfc_daddy »

Is there any way of finding out the cut off between group a and b?

Has the school shared this previously?

I can’t imagine any reason why you would not want your child to attend if they were group a so not holding much hope out for a place for Dd but she did well and I am very proud of her :) group B scored 348
mitasol

Post by mitasol »

I'm afraid I can't be helpful with detailed information for The school. What I can say is that if it is your preferred choice you can list it first and it will not prejudice your other school choices. You will be considered equally for each school you list and the local authority will offer you the highest preference school that you are eligible for. I do understand it can be difficult depending on how many schools you can add to your CAF.

Hopefully someone will turn up with a more specific information.