Which preference?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Wirral

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Doll Parts

Which preference?

Post by Doll Parts »

My daughter has (thankfully) passed both the 11+ and Upton Hall, but with fairly narrow pass margins (239 for 11+ and 243 for Upton). Although Upton is our preferred school, we are not Catholic, so will be much lower down the list. Therefore, I'm not sure whether to put West Kirby Grammar as her first choice, as it seems she'd have a better chance of getting in there.

Does anyone know if this seems to be a high pass year? Will Upton be able to tell me if she would be in with a chance if she puts it as first choice? If I put Upton and she didn't get in, and WKGS was her second choice would she get in there??? Waaaah! This is too much for my nerves to take!
Beacherlover1

Re: Which preference?

Post by Beacherlover1 »

I'm not sure how the pass rate has been this year but if Upton is your preference then I would put that first and West Kirby second.
She passed the test and as far as I am aware it only comes down to actual pass marks when looking at over subscriptions at Upton. Are you on Wirral? I know many non catholic girls who have gone to Upton with no problems getting in.
Doll Parts

Post by Doll Parts »

Beacherlover1 wrote:I'm not sure how the pass rate has been this year but if Upton is your preference then I would put that first and West Kirby second.
She passed the test and as far as I am aware it only comes down to actual pass marks when looking at over subscriptions at Upton. Are you on Wirral? I know many non catholic girls who have gone to Upton with no problems getting in.
Yes, we live 10 mins walk from Upton. I know a few non catholic girls that have gone to Upton, but with the changes to 11+ this year, I'm wondering if less pass 11+ this year will that mean more competition for Upton? I wish they'd just publish the number of passes or something!
Beacherlover1

Post by Beacherlover1 »

Yes this year is all a bit unknown really isn't it?
Glad we went through it all last year and the next time we do it will be in 3 years so will hopefully know a bit more about it all by then!
Well done to your daughter by the way.