Explain the score for Wirral 11plus please

Eleven Plus (11+) in Wirral

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

lambanana

Explain the score for Wirral 11plus please

Post by lambanana »

OK my son has passed the 11 plus, I think, so that's great news, however I don't really understand the scoring system. He is a few points clear of the magic 236, has he done well or just shaved it? What is the top possible mark please, or what range of marks are out there? and how much does the standardising add, ie adding extra points for children young in the year. Just wanted to understand where he was on the scale really, though obviously am pleased that he passed.

thanks for info anyone, please
Adrestia

Re: Explain the score for Wirral 11plus please

Post by Adrestia »

Hi,

From what I have read that if he has passed with a few marks clear, that is a good pass. On other boards where they have ran CEM testing for a long time, ranges have been between 124-291 with the lowest qualifying score of 203 and 235 depending on the schools. The average in those areas is also 200.

At the school that my DD goes to, the brightest child, with an early birthday scores 244. Most others scored around 236-240. We are just one point away but are having it reviewed! I think your DS has comfortably passed and will definitely be offered a place.

Hope that helps
Doll Parts

Post by Doll Parts »

My daughter is a December baby and scored 239. My friends boy is September and scored 249. Out of around 10 children at my daughters school, I've heard of 3 so far that haven't passed, but with it being half term we won't hear about the others til 31st.
lambanana

Post by lambanana »

Thanks thats really helpful! Good luck everyone with your choices.
filmcritic

Post by filmcritic »

Our eldest 3 years ago (so pre-CEM) and a November birthday got 278. Our middle son, an October birthday has just got 259. One of his classmates (I don't know when birthday is, passed by 1 mark).
lambanana

Post by lambanana »

Gosh high scores well done! The highest Ive heard of so far this year from.my son's class is 262, most seem.to be 230-240 tho. All good scores, well done everyone! It doesnt seem.like the birthdate makes much difference.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now