Advice

Eleven Plus (11+) in Wirral

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Frazzled

Advice

Post by Frazzled »

Hi does anybody know how well the 11+ and Upton Hall went this year in terms of girls passing.
We are in a very fortunate position where my daughter has passed both exams and we have put Upton & West Kirby down as choices, in that order.

However, we are not Catholic so I know it will come down to score on the remaining places. My daughter scored 246.

I'm in two minds about changing the ranking in favour of WK and do away with the uncertainty. However we are a family divided as my husband thinks to do so would make her look silly in front of her friends.

I feel like I'm going off the rails.
ToadMum

Re: Advice

Post by ToadMum »

Frazzled wrote:Hi does anybody know how well the 11+ and Upton Hall went this year in terms of girls passing.
We are in a very fortunate position where my daughter has passed both exams and we have put Upton & West Kirby down as choices, in that order.

However, we are not Catholic so I know it will come down to score on the remaining places. My daughter scored 246.

I'm in two minds about changing the ranking in favour of WK and do away with the uncertainty. However we are a family divided as my husband thinks to do so would make her look silly in front of her friends.

I feel like I'm going off the rails.
Leaving aside the question as to whether you can still change the order of your preferences at this point without rendering your whole application 'late', it doesn't matter that you have put a low-chance preference above a sure one, because if you don't qualify for an offer of a place from your first one, your second preference is now top of your list. I'm sure that the equal preference system is explained in your LA's 'Secondary school transfer' booklet and on its website :) . The schools don't know whether you have placed them top, bottom or in the middle of your personal ranked list, they only know that you have applied for a place and place your DD in her correct place on the list that they rank according to their own published criteria.

Why would changing your preferences round (but please don't!) make her look silly in front of her friends?
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
Tinkers

Re: Advice

Post by Tinkers »

As TM says, please don't try and alter your references now, as you'll risk not getting nay of your choices as it will be classed as a late application.

As long as you have put the schools in your genuine order of preference you have already done it correctly. You will get the highest school on your list that can give you a place.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now