St Anselm's entrance exam- anxious mum!

Eleven Plus (11+) in Wirral

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Sharaje

St Anselm's entrance exam- anxious mum!

Post by Sharaje »

Hi, I hope someone can help me. My son has just done St Anselm's entrance exam. He came out feeling good... I asked him what did he write his essay on, he told me and story sounded great, but it turns out he didnt read the question what he was supposed to do his essay on and he has done it about something completely different. Will he get any marks at all for this part of his comprehension or not because it was not on subject. He feels Terrible about it and I've reassured him its OK and I'm sure he will get some marks for it but I'm not even 100% myself I'm just trying to make him feel better. It was a genuine mistake and I feel awful for him. Hes had a tough week before hand and i think pressure got to him. Hope someone can Help or if anyone has been in this situation before. Thank you
T860786

Re: St Anselm's entrance exam- anxious mum!

Post by T860786 »

I don't have any experience of this but my boy sat the exam too. From what I have read on the forums the pass mark for maths and english is 55% so whilst he may of scored badly for not answering question properly he may have made it up on comprehension and still passed. I don't know what their exact stance is. Fingers crossed for you
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now