Has everyone gone skiing?????

Eleven Plus (11+) in Wirral

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
wirralnumbers

RESULTS

Post by wirralnumbers »

I should have added. I don't have a definite date for BHS results but Birkenhead (who to be honest seem a lot more thorough about these things) have a date of 4th Feb for results and 7th of March for acceptance.
NotionPotion

Post by NotionPotion »

That's reassuring Wirral numbers. I was under the impression that a £250 deposit had to be paid to "secure" a place and that it was a question of stalling until after 3 March.
Good luck for Monday (it's all go isn't it)

On the revealing of results by some teachers-really it's a bit unwise of them on all counts but particularly as just securing a pass doesn't mean that a place is secured (in the case of oversubscription)-guess we'll ALL have to wait until March for that.
wirralnumbers

RESULTS

Post by wirralnumbers »

£250 is required but not till March 7th (by when you know whether £250 is just 1 in a long line of cheques or not!). I think this must have changed because I have heard many tales of lost £250 deposits in days of old.

I guess they must be close to having a final list for each Wirral state school though by now. If it's like the last few years the Grammar Schools will be panicking about how they are going to fill all their places! I think they are glad of the appeals as much as the parents!
scatshouse

Post by scatshouse »

Wirralnumbers,
One or two rumours that certain Wirral teachers have let slip individual 11+ results...
Is this independent schools or state?

Good luck to your daughter for tomorrow.

Scatshouse
wirralnumbers

RUMOURS

Post by wirralnumbers »

Oh this telling people their 11+ results (with a nod and a wink) is all based on rumours and gossip! Like the rumour that the Grammar schools reduced the pass mark by 1 or 2 points last year to (try to) maintain their intake numbers...or the one about Birkenhead going to take girls..oh hold on maybe there is some truth in these rumours!

For those whose children took the Birkenhead exam..I don't know what a trionic number is either!
NotionPotion

Post by NotionPotion »

Maybe it's one thats TRYing to be bionic!
tryingtostaycalm

Post by tryingtostaycalm »

Can't bear to think that the teachers know the results and we don't! Husband is muttering on about " Freedom of Information Act"! Only another 5 weeks to go. Mind back in the Dark Ages, when I did the 11+ on Wirral, we got our results at Whit half term, so I suppose this isn't so bad!

Scathouse - what a rough time you are having. Following your posts in Everything Else. We are blessed with lovely teachers at R's school but I have to say the 11+ was far down their priorities too. It is Sats with everything. Good luck. :?
NotionPotion

Post by NotionPotion »

Wirral Numbers-did you get the envelope from Birkenhead High today? We thought it was the results super early and left the envelope until daughter came home-Turns out it was only a leaflet entitled "What happens now?" revealing that the results will be posted out on 8 February. Bit of an anti-climax! Would like to have had the leaflet on the day of the exam. Had to smile though.
wirralnumbers

RESULTS

Post by wirralnumbers »

Yes I received the envelope..first of many to come :)
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now