Allocations

Eleven Plus (11+) in Wirral

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

scatshouse

Post by scatshouse »

Well Done to all the children of Pensby, tryingtostaycalm, wirral parent, Wirralnumbers,Hopeful(Happy)Den, mumster, hari, Wallasey, WirralS, NotionPotion and to anybody else I may have missed.

Have been taking sneaky peeks at the forum today in work , but couldn't post until now :roll:

Son is the only one in his class up to now to be allocated a grammar school, so feeling slightly deflated and a bit sad for the others who didn't make it and can only celebrate here without feeling guilty.

Scatshouse.
wirral parent

Post by wirral parent »

Well done everyone - especially to those who resisted the temptation to open the envelope - I was not one of those - but told son - who spotted the "congratulations signs" and queried how I knew - "How would I have been able to surprise you with banners, card, balloon etc had I not known"

Have already heard some cases of not getting any of 3 choices here - for children who did not pass to grammar - so am eternally grateful that son did.

Seems that location has been an issue here
mm2

Post by mm2 »

to scatshouse and all in wirral, congratulations for your good news and our thoughts are with those who have a little way to go.

This is a little something from brum for you kind good wishes

laid back son worried mum

Post by laid back son worried mum »

WOW, Bri11iant ,WIRRAL WONDERS!!!

even more of you now!!!

Congratulations and we11 done to your children.

(I am not here for mm2's cake but since I've stopped by, I'11 just have a slice :lol: )
HopefulDen

Exhausted

Post by HopefulDen »

Hi to all of my 11+ friends-I am exhausted and going to bed now-I may ramble on so I'll apologise now! I just wanted to point out that I believe that the fact that so many of our kids have had success today has got to be because we all have something in common-this site. I banged on to all of the Mums at the school about this site last year with little uptake and I banged on about why they should concentrate on the 21 question types etc etc. It now looks like unexpectedly my son got the highest marks in his class and 20 took the exam. 18 out of the 20 were privately tutored. I feel his success is mostly down to my son's hard work and intellegence but also the guidance and resources on this site that helped me to build his knowledge, practice and confidence-Last January I knew I couldn't afford a tutor and I knew nothing about the exam-during the year I learned everything we needed to know. I want to thank Mike, Patricia, all of the moderators and the oldie and newbie mums for using their valuable time to give advice, help and support on this fabulous site. I will carry on telling people about this site-lets hope they listen. I will be hanging around as well as I have a 6 year old..............
Last edited by HopefulDen on Thu Aug 18, 2011 3:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Denise J
NotionPotion

Post by NotionPotion »

Absolutely shattered now. Quite a day! Best wishes to all!
Thanks for everyone elses good wishes too!

Wirral numbers:- Now you have all your results what is your preference?

Scatshouse:-Kind of know how you feel as we don't yet know of anyone else at daughter's school to share joy with who has passed yet. Maybe tomorrow.
NotionPotion

Post by NotionPotion »

Here! Here! Hopeful Den:-An invaluable site full of brilliant advice, wisdom, counselling service and a large dose of good humour!
scatshouse

Post by scatshouse »

I'd like to echo everything HopefulDen has said, in fact every single thing she said in the previous post (apart from the mention of a six year old) could have been me talking :shock:

I too have banged on about this site and about only practicing the 21 types, but I know that they trusted their tutors more and didn't listen.

LBSWM,
You are welcome to all of the cake, if it were not for your humourous postings from way back in time (page 1 of Hotel California), I would probably not have stuck around :D :D
laid back son worried mum

Post by laid back son worried mum »

pffthanks...
if it was not for you Newbies, almost certainly to be Oldies, I might not have stuck around either...
wirralnumbers

Post by wirralnumbers »

Yes I didn't use a tutor..but I used this site to find out the relevant question types and source various practice papers (a big parcel...what a nice surprise) and nowhere else would I have found quite so many practice papers. In fact Sep 2007 I knew nothing of the 11+ at all and so this site has provided me with my complete education.

You asked about preference..well as it happens my daughter has also been offered the first ever girl's academic scholarship to Birkenhead School. She relishes the challenge of being a pioneer so that is what we are going to do.