Uniforms

Eleven Plus (11+) in Wirral

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
mumster

Uniforms

Post by mumster »

Had daughter's pack from Wirral Girls yesterday and as well as the trip to Wales - was flabbergasted when I looked at what the uniform was going to cost us!!
Of course, being the first year we will purchase everything from the school (she doesn't want to look any different to anyone else!) but I was wondering if the quality of the uniform is as good from the uniform stall in Birkenhead Market and maybe at a fair reduction in cost?
Any advice gratefully received.
Yours already broke
Mumster
:shock:
Appeal Mum

Post by Appeal Mum »

Mumster,

It's exactly the same..

We bought everything from the school and have subsequently purchased additional items from Birkenhead.

Buy it from Birkenhead and take the P.E items over the way to be embroidered with your child’s name.

Forget the P.E slippers too, not once has my daughter used these in fact they are still in there original unopened state.

AM
Pensby

Post by Pensby »

Hello
Does anyone know about the Calday uniform?
Can you buy it on Birkenhead market?
I hope so because like AM I buy all my daughters from there and it's fine.
Would appreciate any info :lol:
Pensby
SPUD

Post by SPUD »

Hi

Yes i think they do stock Calday. Is that the blazer with 3 white Lions? If it is then i have seen one hanging up!
Sue
Newbie But Stressed

Post by Newbie But Stressed »

Last year we only bought the Blazer and Jumper from the WGSG School (and that was a mistake) as we had to get the badge sewn on. Think Birkenhead already have it sewn on.,

Don't think the quality is any less... I know of others who did not buy from the school because of the price..
HopefulDen

Calday Uniform

Post by HopefulDen »

Hi Pensby
Yes they have it at Birkenhead market-I was staring at the blazer wistfully in the summer when I went to buy their other uniform-didn't know about the embroidery of the names though-that's a good tip as I hate labelling evrything every year.
Denise J
Appeal Mum

Post by Appeal Mum »

All P.E kits for WGG have to be embroidered with the girls name on the front in light blue.

I didn't think of getting the rest of the uniform done, like you HopefulDen I hate the whole labelling process. :evil:

AM
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now